Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

TF Unplayable? =(

Creator: Ninja_techies August 27, 2011 7:52pm
1 2 3 4
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 5:05pm | Report

Actually...Trundle is an amazing champ. Rainmain's Trundle owned Wickd's Irelia...If you've watched Wickd on Irelia you know that's an amazing feat. Trundle is just underutilized and not played to the best of his ability. If that's not convincing enough Irelia is considered one of the best solo laners in the game whereas as Trundle is considered some sort of mediocre jungler. Rainman laned with a "mediocre jungler" and beat out the ~#1 solo laner being played by "the best Irelia" player in Europe, maybe the world.

Okay, bad example, but you still get my point.

Also, Irelia got nerfed hard enough that she's not #1 solo top anymore.

Quoted:

Ezreal+Soraka was bot lane picked for Millennium against TSM if I re-call. He owned them hard with no issues.

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that ezreal's considered generally non-viable while twisted fate is generally regarded as still fine. If ezreal is getting facetime in a tournament and twisted fate isn't, that doesn't prove anything about twisted fate being bad.

Quoted:

Balance by your definition would mean that all champs not considered "usual" picks for high ELO games are balanced all other champs are OP with champs being banned considered the most OP. Or that is how I read into what you're saying.

No, I'm saying that a champion doesn't have to be ban-worthy to be potent. Gangplank is no longer ban-worthy, but he's still a very common pick. So is nocturne and malzahar.

I just have a certain feeling about the change, you have another. Perfectly fine by me, I think he was overly nerfed, but my opinion shouldn't stop people who enjoy TF from playing him. It's just an opinion and a based one at that XD.
[/quote]

I really don't see how he could be overly nerfed. Put yourself in riot's shoes -

1. Don't nerf global ultimate at all. Now he still has OP lane control (on all 3 lanes). Now he still has OP split pushing powers. Ergo, still OP.
2. Nerf ultimate to ~7500-10000 range. Now he can't really split push as well (because he still can't jump over 2 lanes), but he can still jump from lane to lane easily. He still has OP lane control. Ergo, he's still like pre-nerf evelynn (forces every enemy in the game to play conservatively). Still OP.
3. Nerf ultimate to ~5500. Now he can still teleport if need be, but he can't tele-gank in between lanes without stepping out of lane (at least in the middle of the map; he can still teleport between lanes further up/down without much problem). He can still push mid while allies dragon, and teleport in if things go wrong, he can still take blue-side blue while allies take dragon, teleport in if things go wrong, he can still push top while allies push mid. He can still gank, but if the mid laner calls MIA fast enough it's not a problem. So he's still the best AP carry at split pushing, he's still the best AP carry at ganking, he's still the best AP carry at poking, he's still a great AP carry in general, but he doesn't force the enemy to constantly panic about staying under tower and keeping lanes pushed at the risk of TF teleporting in and taking it all away.
4. Nerf more than that. Sucks, huh?

So, which option would you choose? 1 (OP), 2 (OP), 3 (balanced), 4 (UP).

I'm not trying to say that it doesn't suck that twisted fate is no longer a map-controlling badass. I'm not trying to say that he doesn't feel the same. I'm just trying to say (to the OP, who is asking if TF is now unplayable) that Twisted Fate is by no means unplayable, and he is actually very viable.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 9:27am | Report
Slizer002 wrote:

Ashe is 1000000000 times better than TF as AD carry, Anivia is 100000 times better than TF as AP carry.

End.

You should never ever play any other AD carry or AP carry in the game because Ashe and Anivia are best.

/thread

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Ninja_techies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 1:37pm | Report
ya but TF is way more fun than either of those guys lol
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 2:56pm | Report
Duff's evaluation;

"it's 1500 range and one of the only pokes that does more damage is nidalee's spear toss."

Not true. It doesn't do as much damage as Nidalee's spear toss.

---

He's no longer tier 1, but he might make the cut for tier2, and would easily be a high tier 3.

---

"His kit isn't sub-par as a caster, he's just not first pick/ban worthy. "

That would mean he's sub par if he's not worth picking or banning..? Am I missing something here? o_O Where am I? Who am I? What game is this? I certainly wouldn't last pick him either...

---

Don't bother arguing with me here, as this is matter of opinion and you'll never change my outlook on this one.
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Ninja_techies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2011 1:25pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Duff's evaluation;

"it's 1500 range and one of the only pokes that does more damage is nidalee's spear toss."

Not true. It doesn't do as much damage as Nidalee's spear toss.

---

He's no longer tier 1, but he might make the cut for tier2, and would easily be a high tier 3.

---

"His kit isn't sub-par as a caster, he's just not first pick/ban worthy. "

That would mean he's sub par if he's not worth picking or banning..? Am I missing something here? o_O Where am I? Who am I? What game is this? I certainly wouldn't last pick him either...

---

Don't bother arguing with me here, as this is matter of opinion and you'll never change my outlook on this one.

but what if they made his ulti have somewhere between 9000-6000 range convering around 1/3 of the map against the current 1/4
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide