Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Alistar's Triumphant Roar

Creator: Zeprido July 8, 2011 2:28am
1 2 3
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:28am | Report
I made a post over on the main forums regarding the 50% nerf to Alistar's heal, and would appreciate some support, and some bumps =)

Repost:
Quoted:

Alistar's nerf was very much needed.
However why nerf his Triumphant Roar scaling by 50% and not give any compensation for it at all?

Slowly over time Alistar's Triumphant Roar has been hit with nerf, after nerf. Now with his scaling at .2, and base healing 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 to himself (30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 to surrounding allies), I feel like Triumphant Roar is really just a filler spell to proc his passive. You can't really "clutch" heal with it, you don't get the same satisfaction knowing you healed someone, and for healing 90 base (at skill level 5) to allies with a 12 second cooldown, its basically a tool to push. Some might argue that "a heal is a heal", but with both such pitiful base heal, and scaling, it's really only viable, if at all, during the laning phase, and to my knowledge, most players don't max Triumphant Roar first.

With the upcoming global nerf to heals, is anything being done to Triumphant roar to make it more viable/useful?

TLDR: Is there anything at all being considered for Triumphant Roar with the global nerf to heals approaching to make it more viable, and less of a filler spell to proc Alistar's passive?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=935911
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:31am | Report
They do need to make it a tad bit more useful..
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:36am | Report
I am in favor of this.
bumping for justice
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:59am | Report
Personally? Needed a BUFF before, not a huge nerf. I know they wanna send AP Alistar to hell but this WAS NOT how to do it.

I think scaling should be .5, not .2! That way there would still be a reason to go AP Alistar now. Also, maybe buff the heal to 80/105/130/155/180 so it would be a bit better early game because you get only 1 point in it for pretty much all game?

Just my 2 cents. :\

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 5:04am | Report
Gave it another bump.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 6:02am | Report
Nah his roar is fine as it is >_>
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 9:06am | Report
**** no..
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 9:09am | Report
Blydden wrote:

Personally? Needed a BUFF before, not a huge nerf. I know they wanna send AP Alistar to hell but this WAS NOT how to do it.

I think scaling should be .5, not .2! That way there would still be a reason to go AP Alistar now. Also, maybe buff the heal to 80/105/130/155/180 so it would be a bit better early game because you get only 1 point in it for pretty much all game?

Just my 2 cents. :\

It was at .4 before and they nerfed his other 2 ratios by .1

I es sad. I liked AP Alistar but I think his damage will be far too weak at this point.

With the .2 nerf to his heal they should have at least upped the bases a little.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 9:13am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

It was at .4 before and they nerfed his other 2 ratios by .1

I es sad. I liked AP Alistar but I think his damage will be far too weak at this point.

With the .2 nerf to his heal they should have at least upped the bases a little.

Exactly. But just upping the base on the heal might not be enough. I think they need to buff it to 0.4 or 0.5 AND buff the base by like 5 per level for it to be really viable.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Bumped the thread since it got no visibility this morning.

Quoted:
Bump for visibility, others welcome to comment, give their opinion, argue against, or argue for.
Something needs to be done here, here are 3 options I came up with.

1. Add another effect on to Triumphant Roar that really emphasizes the fact that its "triumphant" right now its more like a mini victory bark or something.
2. Buff TR's base values
3. Change how it heals allies, perhaps scale the heal amount based on the allied champions around him, for example if Alistar is alone, it heals himself slightly more, then with one allied champion nearby it has a "base" heal for them, and for each additional champion past that the heal amount decreases.

As I said before, I'd love for others to share their thoughts here too, and I'd love to get a red or 2 in here.

Would really love some support guys (get it?) =)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide