Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

almost anyone can be a support

Creator: MyBloodisBlack November 17, 2013 9:33am
1 2 3 4
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2013 5:01pm | Report
I've seen Vayne, Quinn and Urgot as not-totally-uncommon top lane picks when it comes to ADCs. Sometimes the enemy top laner will be someone you can shutdown via ranged harass and become relatively useless, e.g. Vayne against Malphite. Other times the enemy team might pick a team comp that doesn't have a real tank. In other words, you have to pretty much outpick them during champ select.

But back onto the original post, just think about it. Just run through the champions alphabetically and see how quick it takes you to stop on a champion that doesn't thrive as a support.

Aatrox - 'Feast or Famine' champion - needs as much gold as it can get for items as quickly as possible. Other than 1 hard CC and 1 soft CC ability, is completely kill-oriented. Clearly ill-suited to be a support.

Well, that didn't take long.

The list of potential supports most certainly ISN'T endless. I once had this discussion with Laggermeister about our top most ill-suited supports. Master Yi was at the top of the list.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 9:59am | Report
"Support Poppy is the best."

Don't joke, It's entirely viable in bronze and silver if you have a plat/diamond level of play and an ADC on the same page. I ran it in a low bronze game and went 16-2 and had the most gold. If the adc takes barrier and has a brain, it's terrible.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 10:02am | Report

and has a brain

That's quite rare though.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2013 1:50am | Report
If you're a way higher ELO than the other people you're playing with nearly ANY assassin/mage champion can support.
I mean you could Talon, Lissandra or Vi support if the enemy team didn't have a brain and wasn't anywhere close to your skill level.

Basically MOBAFire.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 12:11am | Report
I have played non-traditional supports for a long time. I got tired of being forced into the support role AND my ADC being garbage so I would play someone like Pantheon. You could play him for poke or stun to kill.

You start finding ways to expand every role to its limits when you play one enough.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 10:46am | Report
I have used Support Poppy, Garen, Xerath, and Ahri before all the varying degrees of success.
Sig by xDarkWOlfxz
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 11:13am | Report
animorte wrote:

I have played non-traditional supports for a long time. I got tired of being forced into the support role AND my ADC being garbage so I would play someone like Pantheon. You could play him for poke or stun to kill.

You start finding ways to expand every role to its limits when you play one enough.

Or you take the support and go full dmg on them.
Also fun.

Or you take Teemo and wreck bot lane.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide