Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AMA of a DOTA veteran who's giving League a try...

Creator: Kadius December 8, 2014 5:51am
1 2
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 5:51am | Report
So I see a bunch of people doing AMA's! Well, can't miss all the fun can we? Plus my AMA is pretty unique so, meh, let's give it a shot! Also want to point out that Questions about being Australian are also accepted ;)

Little Intro:
My name is Jackson, AKA Kadius, and I live in Queenslane Australia. And to any asking KANGAROoS AND KOALAS ARE RARE, OKAY? I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WILD KOALA, AND IVE SEEN LIEK 5 KANGAROOS. No wildlife questions pls. As for my MOBA things, I satrted in SMITE. I hated the pointy clicky ****, HATED IT. So smite was the answer. quickly got into the top 10 Loki players on my server and just kind of sopped playing after I reached mastery on Loki. So I tried dota.. sucked at it. Tried League... still really bad. The one day my clan leader taught me how to doto and have been playing it ever since. But I have recently started to play League again and think it's such a different change of pace and I really like that. So here I am now.

Now that that's done and you guys might get an idea of soome background if you must ask me about that stuff, let's BEGIN!

so tl;dr, questions about being an Aussie and coming from Dota I guess...
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 9:44pm | Report
REALLY? NO ONE? :c meanies...

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 9:55pm | Report
we hate dotaplayers

+you aren't quite as known so that might be your problem, too

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
ThreadOfFate
<Member>
ThreadOfFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 11:50pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
we hate dotaplayers

+you aren't quite as known so that might be your problem, too

The hypocrisy is strong in this one >:)
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 12:31am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
we hate dotaplayers
Don't speak for all of us, i h8 u

What do you think of league compared to dota and smite?
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 12:55am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
Don't speak for all of us, i h8 u

What do you think of league compared to dota and smite?

Well, smite was unique compared to both of them due to the camera angle and the fact that every skill was a skillshot. This taught me many things but the main focus is awareness and skillshotting. Tiis is why I'm really good at skillshots and find it easy to evade a gan due to me actually being able to see behind me. this really helps me in both games. Dota and smite compared to League was an interesting one. See, league has a lot simpler mechanics and abilities compared to Dota and smite and everyone feels underpowered compared to dota and smite. Get fed in dota and smite and even if you're a support prepare to wreck. League is significantly harder to 'snowball out of control'. I like this, it keeps a good sense of levelness throughout the game.

League is extremely veratile in ganks aswell because ofthe bushes. I got to say, I do love me them bushes. League also has more intersting items imo and the character design is a little better. It does have some pretty questionable lore but I guess that adds to the charm. I just think that the fact that the characters aren't level in size and vary greatly really intices me, the first time I saw a 6 stack cho I could'nt stop laughing it was so awesome. In dota and smite everyone is very similarly heighted etc. Also in league there is no noob picks except teemo. In dota there is about 10 out of the 100+ but In league there is but one (to my knowledge). I really like this! It maens you can play who you want.

League is a more casual experience I find. It is more rich, less toxic and the mechanics are simpler. I think that it is becoming my stress relief game. Having a bad day in dota? go play League. It's awesome, and quite therapeutic. It's almost impossible to rage in League I find. Know many League players rage but I've come from DOTA... DOTAAAA. So that's why I find it so laid back, and the art style is so pretty that I really feel relaxed playing this game. And you know what? Laid back and relaxed = better play. So that means if I feel like pwning then I play League as well. There are many reasons I love league, but as a game I think it's a far richer, prittier and amazing game that I'm really liking diving into. Now if you wanted a list of stuff that different let me name a few off the top of my head:

No denying creeps
You dont lose gold on death
You can base whenever you want
Characters look cooler
characters are better designed
nicer map
2 bosses on the map rather then one
More interesting jungle experience
less toxic
you find a game in like 5 seconds

So yeah that's just to name a few of my favourite differences. And as for the dude that hates Dota players, may I ask why? That's like saying Age of empire players hate Total war players because tjhey're the two major juggernaughts of the RTS franchise. Just because League and dota are the two juggernaughts of the moba franchise is no reason to hate eachother. If you hate me simply because I play a gqme that you don't like then how is that fair? I could be one of the nicest people you know yet you don't like me because I play dota. Seriously think about it, labelling people based on the games they play is probably one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. The dota community never has **** to say about League yet it seems League has heaps of **** on dota. Well, some people have a unique way of thinking I suppose.

Anyways thank you very much for your question Meiyjhey, feel free to ask another one and I hoped I answered it well c:

OH, and a quick edit? you mentioned I am not well known... Well maybe that's the point of this then isn't it? People read this, they know me and I get better known in the community. There's only one way to get people to know you, isn't there? And that's put yourself out there. So here I am before you, putting myself on the spot for people to ask me whateverrrrrr they want. I'd say that's doing a pretty good job at putting myself out there.

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 1:02am | Report
Relax, janitsu's comment was sarcastic(i think). He plays dota too, afaik.

Is dota worth trying after over 3 years in league(without being particularly successful or good)?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 1:10am | Report
What's the hardest thing to get used to when you swap between League and DotA? For me it was turn speed and how slow almost all the heroes attack in DotA.

Plus all the actives and micro. Everything is an active.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 1:13am | Report
Relax, janitsu's comment was sarcastic(i think). He plays dota too, afaik.

Is dota worth trying after over 3 years in league(without being particularly successful or good)?

Maybe. Dota is a lot harder, rather then in lane having to just last hit creeps, you have to last hit creeps and deny your creeps so they dont last hit the creeps. It's a tricky system but a great one too. It's great, but different. It could be easier due to the fact that most characters have a passive skill and some even have passive ultis etc. But if you're bad at League then rather than stepping up in difficulty to dota, you could step down to a game called strife. I've touched strife a bit and it's retty much League but it's really easy and is much simpler. Give it a try and if you like it your welcome but if you are saying that you find League hard then also maybe give smite a go. They're both easier in their own right but I think dota is only an option if you aren't doing much in league due to the lack of mechanics compared to dota. If you think that using a teleport scroll and tping into the middle of a teamfight to drop a huge AoE ulti of death is a good idea and appeals to you more than League then maybe you just want MORE from your game in terms of raw coding and features in which case dota is ya boi. Give the three games I mentioned a try and tell me what you think!

Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2014 4:06am | Report
How cooked do you eat your meat?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide