Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AREN'T WE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THIS!?!?!?

Creator: TheKut September 22, 2014 2:48pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 1:50pm | Report
His Q seems very unusable in a practical sense. When are you going to be able to sit there and charge it on anything except minions?

His W still seems to have an AP ratio? It deals magic damage which I find out because I thought they said they want him to be an AD based champion

E seems kind of underwhelming, depends how much armor it shreds

R his ult looks a lot of fun, pretty good

I don't really know if this kit change will make him good, looking at it without the numbers it seems pretty underwhelmng and he's very immobile except for his ult
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:10pm | Report
So, that is riots lifesteal tank?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:14pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
His Q seems very unusable in a practical sense. When are you going to be able to sit there and charge it on anything except minions?

His W still seems to have an AP ratio? It deals magic damage which I find out because I thought they said they want him to be an AD based champion

E seems kind of underwhelming, depends how much armor it shreds

R his ult looks a lot of fun, pretty good

I don't really know if this kit change will make him good, looking at it without the numbers it seems pretty underwhelmng and he's very immobile except for his ult

I think he has some interesting synergy as a frontline bruiser. Rushing in with ult, then chaining Q and E for some more CC seems pretty good. The Q as a stun is more of a follow-up but, depending on the numbers, it seems like they've given him some serious wave clear.

Considering his old kit, I'm really surprised that he turned out to be so different, as in, much more counterplay. I'm pleasantly surprised.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:16pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
So, that is riots lifesteal tank?

That was never his gimmick. Warwick and Aatrox are League's drain tanks, hell even Singed and Mundo can fit that niche. Sion's only real gimmicks were the undead warrior, infinite health potential, and Arnold Schwarzenegger esque voice. They preserved the former two, hopefully got rid of the latter, and gave him a really interesting kit. Although I can't help but feeling that his passive should've been Aatrox', oh well.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:29pm | Report
But the problem is, with his passive, he should at least gain cc immunity, otherwise, it is just **** that he is slowed to death and dies after 3 seconds anyway.

Generally, still super easy kiteable, especially if his ult is down. But for that, SotAG anyone? It + his new improved health stacking should be enough to get billions of HP lol.

[ Passive ] - Glory in Death After being killed Sion will reanimate himself, but his Health rapidly decays while he is reanimated.

He can move and attack during this time. He gains 100% Lifesteal, attacks extremely fast and will deal an additional 10% of his target's maximum Health on hit. Max 75 bonus damage against monsters.

All of his abilities are replaced with Death Surge, which grants him a burst of Movement Speed.

[ Q ] - Decimating Smash

Sion charges up a heavy blow for up to 2 seconds. When released, he deals 20/40/60/80/100 (+0.6*AD) to 60/120/180/240/300 (+1.8*AD) physical damage to enemies in the area (60% damage to minions). Enemies hit are briefly slowed.

If Sion charges for at least 1 second, enemies are knocked up and stunned for 1.25 to 2.25 seconds.

Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6

[ W ] - Soul Furnace

Passive: Sion gains 2 maximum health whenever he kills a unit (8 for large monster and champion kill or assist). Current Bonus: X

Active: Sion shields himself for 30/55/80/105/130 (+0.4*AP) (+10% maximum Health) for 6 seconds. After 2 seconds, while the shield holds Sion can reactivate to deal 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.4*AP) plus 10/11/12/13/14% of the target's maximum health as magic damage to enemies around himself. Max 400 bonus damage against minions and monsters

Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Cooldown: 13

[ E ] - Roar of the Slayer

Sion fires a short range shockwave, dealing 70/105/140/175/210 (+0.4*AP) magic damage to the first target hit, slowing by 40/45/50/55/60%, and reducing its armor by 20% for 2.5 seconds.

If the target is not a champion, they will be knocked back. All enemies that the knocked back unit passes through will take 50% bonus damage and be slowed by 40/45/50/55/60%

Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8

[ R ] Unstoppable Onslaught

Sion charges [RoG Note: max 950 ms] in a direction for 8 seconds and can steer slowly towards the mouse cursor. While charging, Sion is immune to all Crowd Control. Reactivating will cancel Sion's charge early.

When Sion collides with an enemy champion or wall, he deals 150/300/450 (+0.4*Bonus AD) physical damage and knocks up and stuns enemies in a small area for 0.75 seconds. Enemies in a larger area take same damage and have their Movement Speed slowed by 40/45/50% for 3 seconds

The damage increases to 300/600/900 (+0.8*Bonus AD) and the stun duration increases to 1.75 seconds as Sion charges farther.

Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 140/100/60

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/29721-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-9-25-2014-sion

I already see AP Sion rolling into the fight with his shield up, exploding everything with an ult+shield combo and deathfire grasp on the target and then hitting the target with E. Also, they are stunned, so charge your q and double stun them. Then get out of it while they are stunned. And wth they smoked to give a champ an easily applyable 4 seconds stun with 2 knock ups in it? Ah, btw, through that 2 easy lich bane procs.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:46pm | Report
i feel like it would be OP if his passive gave a massive burst of speed and CC immunity upon his death
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 2:58pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
But the problem is, with his passive, he should at least gain cc immunity, otherwise, it is just **** that he is slowed to death and dies after 3 seconds anyway.

Generally, still super easy kiteable, especially if his ult is down. But for that, SotAG anyone? It + his new improved health stacking should be enough to get billions of HP lol.

"at least gain cc immunity" I had to read that line twice to be sure. Do you have any idea how incredibly ridiculous CC immunity is?! Morgana and Olaf have been broken for this very reason, and once they get buffed, it'll surely happen again. CC immunity on a bruiser is really ridiculous. The fact that a bruiser revives itself is already really strong.

SotAG doesn't seem great for that reason, 25% increase on 4 hp puts it at 5 hp per last-hit.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 3:08pm | Report
So, his AP ratios are actually 40%, his Q has a total ad ratio from 60% to 180%. His E acutally costs 25 mana, his w 70-90. I think maxing E and just destroying everyone in the lane behind minions would be a good strategy.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 3:14pm | Report
I highly doubt that will work. I think the strat rito layed out is pretty good. You max and use Q to force enemies to decide if creeps are worth pain.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 3:22pm | Report
Dat ult is nearly uncontrolable lol. And if the enemy Flashes out of the line, you are pretty much dead as you crack into a tower.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide