Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 4: Mid lane]

Creator: Vynertje April 30, 2014 2:26am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 10:21am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Ok so Lulu is all about trying to ignore her and doing stuff elsewhere or killing 2v1? Can do.
I think I've got good roaming since I mained Gragas forever and absolutely loved pretending to be a jungler.

The champ question was more on the lines who else should I add to my roster actually. I've always played Gragas -> Kayle -> Orianna and fatman is weird right now. I added Nidalee a while back because sometimes I like to annoy people and wanted to add something else for variety, counterpicks and different play-styles. Per suggestion, I'm gonna add Fizz because URF COMES OUT OF THE GROUND I don't like Katarina's... anything. This makes for a pretty solid roster imo, that should fit any situation. Seems enough.

Another question: I harassed the living **** out of my opponent early, got a CS lead and them out of lane. I'm a level 5 Orianna that knows where the enemy jungler is. I have the opportunity to roam now, so I:
1. go wherever the enemy jungler isn't.
2. go bot if my jungler is going there regardless of enemy jungler.
3. go gank a lane my jungler isn't ganking.
4. shove lane and recall because I don't have ultimate.
5. fake a roam bot, ward dragon and recall.

I've done #5 many times because it gets the jungler's attention and makes the enemy duo step back a bit. But it really goes unnoticed some times and it's a little frustrating. I ask because out of the champions I play, she's the one I get less things from roaming pre-6.

It should be frustrating, Orianna really isn't a roamer. She's more of a teamfight carrier, not a roamer carry like Katarina is, or Fizz can be, or Kassadin was. Yaknow what I mean? I think in this case that you should keep trying to do what your doing if it helps your team in some way, but just realize it's not as effective with Orianna because it doesn't fit her natural role.
-Thanks to Kalaaver for this awesome sig! Check out my guides (Click the Picture Above)!-

I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 10:41am | Report
Any ideas on how to play the new Kassadin and some good/unfavorable matchups? Also should you still build like you did pre-rework? Or does full damage work aswell? (Athene, Deathcap etc)

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 11:45am | Report

Any ideas on how to play the new Kassadin and some good/unfavorable matchups? Also should you still build like you did pre-rework? Or does full damage work aswell? (Athene, Deathcap etc)

Currently from what I've seen, Kassadin is still in a very poor state, and a lot of people are messing around with mostly AP Bruiser builds, the previous Kassadin builds seem to be pretty dead at this point. We'll see how Riot continues to go about changing him, but it seems like he's gonna be sitting around in the "mess around with" champion pool.
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The Mobafire S4 Guide Contest!-

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 10:42pm | Report

I can answer this.

Max Q in trade intensive lane, E otherwise. Usually you want E for waveclear and because the slow increases/rank. It's also
Max W second ALWAYS.

Build Flask > Tear + Dorans first back > Boots1 > Seraphs + Boots2 > Zhonyas > Lich Bane > Rabadons + Void Staff. DO NOT BUILD ROA.

Favorable matchups include Nid, Yasuo (surprisingly), champions who suck at trades early generally. Bad matchups are champions like Syndra/Leblanc who can bully you and burst you even through shield, but I'm pretty sure you can outplay it.

Then just keep roaming and getting kills, like pre-rework.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 10:56pm | Report
Thx, also are Ryze and Jayce strong mids or more niche? When should you pick them?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 2:03am | Report

Thx, also are Ryze and Jayce strong mids or more niche? When should you pick them?

Ryze is actually stronger top laner currently due to his ranges having had some small regains. He is sometimes picked mid lane to counter some assassins.

Haven't seen Jayce much. He's sort of a weaker version of Nidalee in the current meta.
Bow to the Void

Uuskilu
<Member>
Uuskilu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 8:33am | Report
How are Kennen, Cho gath and Vladimir in mid right now?
I know Cho falls off late game due to lack of mobility and tankiness as an assassin but I think it's still viable , kinda looking for reassurance on that one I guess
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the epic sigpic

Also, check out my Soundcloud, I make music..kinda
https://soundcloud.com/agentagent/tracks
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 9:33am | Report
Uuskilu wrote:

I know Cho falls off late game due to lack of mobility and tankiness as an assassin but I think it's still viable , kinda looking for reassurance on that one I guess

Those three you listed are currently around the lower-mid tier of mid laners, there are a lot better picks, but if you know how to deal with the current meta picks and you have a lot of experience on each of these champions they can work.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 9:33am | Report
Uuskilu wrote:

If you pick Vladimir mid, the enemy's probably gonna pick an assassin to wreck you, i.e. Zed. He's a niche top lane pick. Most mid laners are able to outtrade too hard early-mid.

Kennen is a top/mid (mostly top) lane bully pick who's not really favored by the current meta. Can work though if you're good.

Any Cho'Gath experts here? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him played in ranked or normals (EUW) for like half a year.

EDIT:
Quoted:
Those three you listed are currently around the lower-mid tier of mid laners, there are a lot better picks, but if you know how to deal with the current meta picks and you have a lot of experience on each of these champions they can work.

Beat me to it.
  • Did I enlighten your eyes? Feel free to hit +Rep
Signature by Emikadon

Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2014 2:25am | Report
How does Annie mid do nowadays? What kind of build should she have by endgame?
How does Lux do now that the meta of assassins is mostly over in the midlane? Is she once again viable?
How viable is Malphite mid? I have seen a friend pick him against the assassins of the midlane specifically and he just obliterates them as they have trouble getting through his passive shield and harrass him harder than that while he just harrasses them till they have to either b or get killed.

What are the current top picks for midlane as of late?

What makes you a good midlaner? The amount of roaming you do? or the amount of pushing you can do while you enemy mid laner is gone?

Nera
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide