Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Becoming an Editor

Creator: The Overmyynd May 8, 2012 10:12pm
1 2 3
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 10:12pm | Report
What does it take to become an editor? I know there are two ways to do it, one is by being very active and making a name for yourself and doing some kind of pole, and the other is by rep points. Can someone (preferably an editor or higher rank) kind of give me a more defined way to get there? Im kind of a troll on here, try to post as many helpful comments as i can (and think i am doing well in that, since almost 10% of my posts give me a +rep), try to kind of establish myself as a lore writer, and just be a positive force in general.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 10:27pm | Report
You either get 70 rep or get manually promoted.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:46pm | Report
Duff is not an editor and he's well over 70 rep. I don't really know the criteria to be certain. However I am fairly certain I will not be an editor or veteran based on my behavior \:D/
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:50pm | Report
It's 70 Rep.

I think Duff said he didn't want to.

You can also remove that tag under your name in the Edit Profile section :P So if I removed it it wouldn't say I was an editor, but I'd still have the privileges.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:50pm | Report
Duff chose not to be anything.

Moon, you still can become whatever you please. It's just if people +Rep you. Your behavior just causes people not to +Rep you. :P

Also, one member became an Editor well before 70 Rep because he was very diligent in improving the system by asking other members to change the information for him. The other members just got tired of changing it for him and requested too have him promoted. ^^

BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:53pm | Report
I am so close to becoming an editor myself only 2 more +rep. However I have to ask what special things to I get to do? I mean am I going to be like "YAY I became an Editor!"?

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:55pm | Report
BlackIceT wrote:

I am so close to becoming an editor myself only 2 more +rep. However I have to ask what special things to I get to do? I mean am I going to be like "YAY I became and Editor!"?

You get to edit the system.
You also have access to the 'secret' editor forum, to discuss changes among other editors.
It's a privilege/reward for being active enough on Mobafire..

I don't normally +Rep people randomly, but I think you deserve it. +Rep.

BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 12:34am | Report
Well that actually seems rather rewarding. I look forward to becoming an Editor then. Thank you Bryun for the +Rep! The favor was returned!

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 12:48am | Report
Well it looks like like I have a while to go. Oh well, at this rate, i have another 700 or so posts to go before i hit the 70 rep required to become an editor... Wow that seems like alot rofl. Thanks for all your help guys.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 12:50am | Report
Unless any of you guys think i deserve to be editor already XD
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide