Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Top Laner?

Creator: NicknameMy February 4, 2012 9:09am
325 posts - page 6 of 33
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:05pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

Anything with sustain beats Shyvana. She's much better in the jungle imo

Not always the case.

Anandre wrote:

Because she outpushed them constantly, invaded the enemy jungle, stole camps and buffs. A lot of Shyvanas don't know how to exploit her pushing power and thus lose the lane.

It's actually because The rain Man is a garbage ***** player.

Irelia is supposedly advantage in that lane.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:09pm | Report
I would argue that Udyr, Tryndamere and Irelia all beat her pretty convincingly.

TSM just doesn't let TRM play flash/ignite udyr in tournaments.

Also, TRM plays passive in tournaments, and it hurt him in this tournament.

I don't think he's EVER laned against a shyvana before though.
Tri lane for life.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:15pm | Report
Yorick :D
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:45pm | Report
HSGG is the most passive top player in LoL....But he almost always plays Cho Gath which affords him the ability to be passive. Get armor, farm, never leave until 30 minutes into the game. Buy all your items at once. Push and win.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 12:45pm | Report
Shyvanna is probably the best against passive laners like VOlibear or Yorick, i.e. laners who cant push back, she pretty much pushes them to the tower, and goes and steals jungle

Gangplank is the best top in terms of laning. Parlay every 3 seconds pretty much auto wins the lane, Pantheon is the only champion i can think of that is capable of dealing with a good GP top

AD Nidalee snowballs very hard, good range, any advantage over an opponent is pretty much an auto-win lane
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 1:10pm | Report
TRM is a passive player by nature, he has stated many times that top lanes "Just farm forever and don't die" which is not true/correct at all.

Bad mindframe makes a bad player, simple as that.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 1:28pm | Report
"WHO THE **** GANKS AT LEVEL 2...REALLY? REALLY GP? **** YOU ****ED MY GAME **** YOU GP...WHO THE **** GANKS AT LEVEL 2...OH NOW YOU'RE BABY SITTING THE LANE **** YOU"

^^ This is why Rainman needs to be let the **** go. He focuses too hard on HIS style of game to recognize...Sometimes you need to switch **** up.
TcelesBHsup
<Member>
TcelesBHsup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 1:54pm | Report
I've been lurking this thread and am surprised by 2 names I didn't see. Trundle and Nasus. I have not been impressed by nasus, especially since you have more bursty tops recently GP parley and Olaf (my preferred top if I'm choosing top first). His sustain requires him to be too aggressive for my tastes. People thought he was such hot **** for a while though... I'm surprised not to see it come up.

I play in lower elo, but I have to say I've never lost top as Trundle. He has no poke which sucks. But I run him 0/19/11 with 15 armor pen + Hp Regen runes, and never had a problem against anyone. IT's a passive lane.. but you can step in get off a few auto attacks and a bite when they come in for cs and even Olaf has a hard time trading over the long haul because his sustain is just too good. Plus he can jungle invade and get away clean which helps keep the whole top of the map under control.

In Lower elo Voli has been cleaning up.. but I attribute that to stupid people over committing, I've never had a problem.

Thought maybe you guys would have something to say about trundle though
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 2:03pm | Report
Nasus is terrible top lane now. Too many people who clean him up. If he can get a passive lane though, he will win.

Trundle seems more like a situational pick. He counters Yorick really well, or so I've heard.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 2:11pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

TRM is a passive player by nature, he has stated many times that top lanes "Just farm forever and don't die" which is not true/correct at all.

Bad mindframe makes a bad player, simple as that.

I'm sorry, but anyone who runs a 24 ad page for riven, is not a passive player :p.

He's gotten more and more towards the "dominate your lane, dominate the game" ideal, but his main problem is that he is still scared to play aggressive in tourneys because there is so much at stake.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide