Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Cassiopeia - First impressions

Creator: Visfarix December 14, 2010 9:19pm
1 2
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 9:19pm | Report
So did anyone buy her at all? It seems very few people actually have her... kind of like Anivia lol.

I got her as soon as I could log onto LoL and played a couple practice games with her. She is one EXTREMELY HARD champion to play IMO, but so worth it if you can play her right. Most of the time I mess things up and I can barely keep her together. Her squishiness is epic and she gets killed so fast. However, the few times I've been able to focus and play her perfectly, I absolutely destroy the opposition. Scoring double, triple, quadra-kills is easy if you play her perfectly.

Early game, she seems to have A LOT of mana problems and if you try to get Tear to rectify it, you end up being a bit too squishy for comfort. Late game mana problems are almost non-existent, though you spam spells pretty fast, so you can end up using half your mana pool in a single fight. Of course this is assuming you didn't get many MP items, so you can regen most of your mana pretty quickly.

She seems to absolutely shine early game from level 2-5 as soon as you can start using your full poison->twin fang combo, but she seems to taper off pretty quickly. Twin fang does so much damage so quickly it's actually quite surprising. Of course she is still super squishy and has lots of mana problems.

Of course so far I've only been mostly messing around with the suggested items and only using the Utility Tree. I'm thinking of branching out to the Defensive or Offensive tree to improve her early game, and then slowly I'll begin to refine her item build.

TL;DR: She is one helluva fun and interesting champion, but she is soooo hard to use.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 9:42pm | Report
I've experimented a little and came to a conclusion: Soul Shroud is epic on casters.

TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 9:49pm | Report
I started playing her right when she came out. Done like 4 games, and I've been positive every game. She doesn't seem too hard to me as long as you solve her mana issue while laning, and get early survival items.

What I've been doing is grabbing meki, HP and MP pots then going whatever lane I'm needed. She's really, REALLY good at farming by just spamming Q and W. Keep them at lv 1, and then just go for twin fang.

Usually, I take Clarity (The mana is very useful early game, and I don't build arch early enough to solve the mana problems.)

Skill build is:

Lev 1 get Q unless laning with a teemo/singed then get E and have them get a poison. (If you get poison on someone at level 1, and mash twin fang button, they are dead.)

Level 2 I'll go twin fang if I don't have it,and if I do, noxious blast.

Level 3 Get W

From there:
R>E>Q>W

As for items rush Rylai's (THIS ITEM IS SO GOOD ON HER, GET IT! A SLOW ON TWIN FANGS + SURVIVAL IS GREAT EARLY.) going blasting wand -> speed boot (usually get these on my first trip back, she can lane so long) -> Amp tome/Giant belt (Depending on gold) -> Whichever's left. Once I have Rylai's, I go for sorc shoe, then Deathfire (Sometimes I go archangel here, haven't decided which I like better.) then the rest depends on the game. I think I'm going to try spell vamp items next time I play her. With twin fang casting so fast, it should be good.

Also, her ult is the best thing ever. I've popped in with teleport on 2 people pushing our turret, stoned them, threw down poisons and mashed E on them and got a double kill when they were both ahead of me.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 10:08pm | Report
i havnt played her, but on casters with spam spells you should ALWAYS grab a fast tear. you don't need the archangels yet, but get that tear asap.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 10:49pm | Report
Her passive makes tear unnecessary IMO. I'm doing fine with mana early game by going mana manipulator or meki and just spamming Q for forever.

Oh also- I'm finding it better than above posted just to go mana manipulator, then turn that into soul shroud after you get whatever you grab after boots.
Hell_Pet
<Member>
Hell_Pet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 11:09pm | Report
Interesting character. I might buy her when I can! I hope the next new character is a super tank, not a half tank like Trundle. So I think I wait buying Cassiopeia.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 11:30pm | Report
I wouldn't mind another tank with an AoE ult and jungling capabilities, would be sweet.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 11:31pm | Report
Thanks for giving me a review.. i just learned more from you then the stupid video.. :]
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2010 1:09am | Report

Her passive makes tear unnecessary IMO.

im not saying to get tear for early mana problems and what not. spammy spells activate the tears bonus mana quickly, which in turn generates ap or ad.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2010 1:13am | Report
I feel she needs survivability more than the AP early game, so I rush rylai. Also, she spams so quick, I don't even think it's necessary to grab early for that reason. I mean really, when I'm playing, there's a skill being used every 3 seconds generally regardless of if there's even someone around. The tear builds quickly anyway. :P

I guess why I'm so adamant mainly, though, is the fact that each time I build tear, I find myself with a much worse score, and I do worse in the early game. That may have to do with who I'm playing though.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide