Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Creating a rule book for picking champs in...

Creator: NicknameMy October 4, 2012 1:40am
1 2
CJWalker
<Member>
CJWalker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 3:43am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Summoner's Code covers picks.

Basically, pick order > calling a role.

Pretty much this, If I get first pick, I'm going to choose what Im best at(although first pick is never supposed to pick mid as to not get counter picked. . .but if there are no champs that the enemy team has to counter pick, then I'll go mid, else Ill do another role)

but yeah, sorry to say pick order>calling it summoners code says so, and its just common decency. If people dont agree, then they'll have fun in low elo untill they change their attitude. Simple as that.
Jones MD
<Member>
Jones MD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 4:45am | Report
I think what people need to understand in general is that (most of the times) good team comp > yay i got top.
So, if e.g. mid and top are taken, you talk to your fellow summoners and ask them who wants to go Jungle, Supp, ADC. It makes me feel miserable, when I feel like I am spamming Chat just to find out who wants to go where so that I know what I can pick. I can't count how often positions got double picked because no one talks to each other -.-
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 5:28am | Report
See what i Do in terms of this is pick top the sooner my pick, will i get countered? Probably
Do i care? No
Do i still win most of time? Yes
I won a lane vs irelia as Vayne :p

If im last pick i usually just pick an off tank and jump bot with the carry.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 5:41am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Also, at draft pick. Saying where you go > earlier pick.

No it isn't. I simply start out in the chat with "mid plz" because I am best at mid. Although most times I do get mid for asking for it, I am not going to be butthurt if I don't because I can go elsewhere and still do fine. If you can't play other roles, you shouldn't play ranked to begin with, and even then its iffy with draft.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 7:15am | Report
BElieve this same subject was covered a couple of weeks back, and a decent solution was found. Have people que WoW style. When you go to enter a game, you pick your role (mid, top, jungle, support, adc). That way, everyone goes into champ select with what they want, and no one fights them for it, because they all get what they want too.

Perfect? No. Trolls will still be trolls, and you will still have people saying "Dude you gotta let me take on that Karthus mid, i have the perfect counter!" and what not. But it should eliminate at least half of the fighting and squabbling and ****bucketry you see every day in solo q.

OH and BTW, if youre tired of instalockers, dont play blind. Play draft.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide