Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Do you think Vayne is still good?

Creator: Qersidon December 26, 2013 1:39am
1 2 3 4 5 6
Qersidon
<Member>
Qersidon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 1:39am | Report
I read Doublelifts thread and even though he said Vayne is bad now he played her, I think she is still great, if you survive laning phase you can carry a game and do "tons of damage" .I will never stop playing her but I'm interested in other peoples opinons on her.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 1:44am | Report
Imo there are more powerful AD carries at the moment so she isn't so strong as she was.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 2:54am | Report
With the way the current Meta is other ADCs just do better. Even though Vayne has true damage the counter to that is health. With how strong champions that can stack health are, Dr. Mundo, Olaf, and many others make Vayne less of a threat than when top laners where brawlers and the junglers were responsible for engaging team fights (most times). I am sure the meta will shift to make Vayne usable again, but I don't see her being top tier with how the masteries are right now.
Rowshan
<Member>
Rowshan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 8:52am | Report
Personally, I still think Vayne is a solid pick, but as others have said, other ADC's are simply outperforming her.

Although I have a pretty good feeling she'll become FoTM again sooner or later, seeing how games last longer than they used to.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 8:52am | Report
Kazega wrote:

With the way the current Meta is other ADCs just do better. Even though Vayne has true damage the counter to that is health. With how strong champions that can stack health are, Dr. Mundo, Olaf, and many others make Vayne less of a threat than when top laners where brawlers and the junglers were responsible for engaging team fights (most times). I am sure the meta will shift to make Vayne usable again, but I don't see her being top tier with how the masteries are right now.

It's % max hp. Vayne gets better against high health champions, not worse. She's also the best duelist in the game vs people diving her.

The problem is she has a really hard time surviving the current bot lane meta of really strong early laners errwhere.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 9:07am | Report
Coulda sworn Silver Bolts was true damage and not % damage.... I don't play Vayne so I wouldn't know
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 9:08am | Report
It's both.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 11:53am | Report
She loses lane to the 4 most played/best adc's. Jinx, Lucian, Cait, and Sivir. She's in a very rough spot right now. You'd be better served spamming one of the big 4 until nerfs come down for them.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 2:27pm | Report
I would pick Vayne against any lane in bronze-gold, because people don't know how to stop Vayne from farming. Somewhere around platinum I started to be cautious on which lane I pick her. I feel comfortable going against Sivir, Jinx. I consider the pick against Lucian, but ain't going against Caitlyn.

- Coming from a Vayne main.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Qersidon
<Member>
Qersidon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 3:13pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

I would pick Vayne against any lane in bronze-gold, because people don't know how to stop Vayne from farming. Somewhere around platinum I started to be cautious on which lane I pick her. I feel comfortable going against Sivir, Jinx. I consider the pick against Lucian, but ain't going against Caitlyn.

- Coming from a Vayne main.

Agreed, I'm in silver and it's so easy to carry with Vayne, i don't know about higher ranks and it's probably harder.But i think she is the best answer to tanks like Dr.Mundo and other HP stacking maniacs.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide