Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Does Riot Games support hacking?

Creator: Xander756 October 20, 2012 8:36am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2012 1:09pm | Report
^yup
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
SunnyLi
<Member>
SunnyLi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 4:13am | Report
Xander756 wrote:

Yes I was playing with a friend of mine who saw it all and had it happen to him as well. He has been posting in the comments defending the situation and after this game he now records everything we play just in case it happens again, we can have evidence.

Good luck then!I hope Riot can change their mind because ,i think the reason they ban you is you pointed out that a friend of Riot's employee is a hacker,they won't just ban you like immediately after the match and delete your posts about this match.(Hope there are no Grammar mistakes)At least Riot should also ban the hacker,not just you. :D
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 5:27am | Report
If he got banned it definitely wasn't because he reported somebody and called him a hacker without proof.

MAYBE the ppl voted wrongly on this one tribunal case (IF this one was layed out against him after all), but he got banned simply for the reason that he got too much negativ attention. Period.

If both got banned (someone said that earlier) Riot/Tribunal did it absolutely right.

And if your posts got deleted, try not to forget that Riot is not EA/Blizz and more of a smaller individual company.
Not that I'm trying to defend their behavior, it's definitely wrong, but by deleting your posts, they try to decrease the information spread among players THAT hacks actually exists and are already used.
Riot allows hacks into the game -> game goes down the drain -> Riot loses its one mainstay.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 6:15am | Report
Riot definately doesn't allow hacks in game. That would be extremely counterproductive to their image and their vision of gameplay. I am sure they will try to beat down on any attempt.

That has nothing to do with their ban of you. Just because you got banned doesn't mean they condone the other guys behaviour, just that they don't condone yours...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 6:47am | Report
This Alex guy is a sore loser. After reading through the comments and some of his counter arguments he is obviously just mad and directing that anger at the easiest target, this case Riot. Is he justified in thinking the way he is? maybe a little bit, but after a Rioter answered him point-blank, "here is how it works, here are the facts," He should have apologized, removed his article, and either seethed until he burned out and his ban was lifted, or do something constructive.

Does Riot endorse hackers? **** no. it undermines the fun and competitive environment that they have been working so hard to build and maintain.

Should Alex have been banned? I think so, but I don't have all the facts, all I have is the reform card on page one, and the list of comments in the article which includes a Rioter response.

However I am starting to get the feeling that the OP is also the Author based on the fact that his previous and only contribution to the forums has been a link to another article by the same author.
and frankly his MTG article about Miracle and Infect is just plain garbage talk. This guy thinks he gets it when he actually doesn't. He needs to calm down and remember that it is just a game.
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 6:56am | Report
Kazega wrote:

However I am starting to get the feeling that the OP is also the Author based on the fact that his previous and only contribution to the forums has been a link to another article by the same author.

The fact that he also has the same username isn't a good enough indication? lol

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 7:12am | Report
Anastasios wrote:

The fact that he also has the same username isn't a good enough indication? lol

I totally missed that until now... seriously who would use their real name for something like this?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 7:31am | Report
So i just noticed that OP is the guy who got banned.

Let me just say this.

LOL.
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 8:46am | Report

This is ban QQing on a whole new level.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 8:51am | Report
Kazega wrote:

This Alex guy is a sore loser. After reading through the comments and some of his counter arguments he is obviously just mad and directing that anger at the easiest target, this case Riot. Is he justified in thinking the way he is? maybe a little bit, but after a Rioter answered him point-blank, "here is how it works, here are the facts," He should have apologized, removed his article, and either seethed until he burned out and his ban was lifted, or do something constructive.

Does Riot endorse hackers? **** no. it undermines the fun and competitive environment that they have been working so hard to build and maintain.

Should Alex have been banned? I think so, but I don't have all the facts, all I have is the reform card on page one, and the list of comments in the article which includes a Rioter response.

and frankly his MTG article about Miracle and Infect is just plain garbage talk. This guy thinks he gets it when he actually doesn't. He needs to calm down and remember that it is just a game.

The Rioter did not explain the facts or why I was banned. He simply posted some irrelevant information about how I was an ******* in previous games that had no bearing on this Tribunal case whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is I was NOT banned for this negative behavior. Anybody who says otherwise is not using their common sense.

How could the Tribunal judges have decided to punish me based on behavior they did not see? This would be like evidence popping up after your trial and the jury says that new evidence was the reason they convicted you in the first please. Obviously this is impossible since it only surfaced after their decision was already made!

Whether or not my ***holish behavior should get me punished is completely irrelevant here. We're talking about this Tribunal case that I was punished for in which I accused a hacker of hacking. If I am punished for that, what other conclusions can be drawn from it?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide