Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Double Shurelya's - a new meta?

Creator: Mazuran March 8, 2012 10:16am
1 2
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 3:06am | Report
It all depends on the game. For items right now there are only some that are specifically core on champions. It's less of "double shurelya meta" and more of "shurelya's compliments this champ as well as this champ"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 4:31am | Report
Mazuran wrote:

I think perhaps that League has moved on from having "the meta" to having a variety of metas that people use as templates.

+1
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 9:31am | Report
Ta Searz.

Used to be that the standard AP Mid, AD + Support Bot, Tanky-AD Top and Jungler was pretty much all you used to see.

Now you have things like the Double AP and the return of (Well, it seems that way) the Roamer.

Double Shurelya's imo fits in the same bracket as Double WotA, Double Aegis etc.

I blame M5, tbh. Over the last season they've consistently mixed it up to the point that their opponents don't know what they'll be up against... Sometimes even during the same game...

(Although... I have yet to see anyone play Morgana as a SoloTop. I mean, she's pretty damn good for it on paper as far as I can tell. Sustain, Shield, and CC. She ticks all the boxes... Same for Maokai really)
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 10:55am | Report
Well... thats after Dreamhack.

Before Dreamhack, everything was like:
Melee+Ranged Bot.
Ranged Mid.
Double Top / Tanky-Top + Jungle

aww that good times :<
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 10:58am | Report
Mazuran wrote:

Used to be that the standard AP Mid, AD + Support Bot, Tanky-AD Top and Jungler was pretty much all you used to see.

Now you have things like the Double AP and the return of (Well, it seems that way) the Roamer.

I'd assume this is because people realized that those things (still) work. Especially if you can predict, fairly reliably, that your opponents are going to have an AP mid, AD and support bottom, and tanky-AD both top and in the jungle. The "current meta" is probably what makes it possible to break the "current meta".

Mazuran wrote:

Double Shurelya's imo fits in the same bracket as Double WotA, Double Aegis etc.

I'd actually say that double Shurelya's fits into a different place on the team than double of an actual aura item, because the "aura" bit of Shurelya's is an active rather than a passive. So instead of having overlapping "auras", what you end up with is more uptime on the one "aura". This makes it significantly more usable than relatively niche things like Double WotA, since everyone on the team benefits equally from both the first and second Shurelya's. To draw this out to its logical conclusion, if every member of a team built Shyrelya's, they would still all benefit from every single one of them (as long as team members don't overlap their activations); however, if every member of a team built Aegis, they would all only benefit from two.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 11:20am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

I'd actually say that double Shurelya's fits into a different place on the team than double of an actual aura item, because the "aura" bit of Shurelya's is an active rather than a passive. So instead of having overlapping "auras", what you end up with is more uptime on the one "aura". This makes it significantly more usable than relatively niche things like Double WotA, since everyone on the team benefits equally from both the first and second Shurelya's. To draw this out to its logical conclusion, if every member of a team built Shyrelya's, they would still all benefit from every single one of them (as long as team members don't overlap their activations); however, if every member of a team built Aegis, they would all only benefit from two.

Oooooooooh right. I see what you mean. I have to admit, my experience of using Shurelya's is limited to only having the one and using it on Udyr to gank, so... y'know. But having two of them lets you dive in and then GTFO. Me likey :)
So basically double Shurelya's let you run like a baws :3

Quoted:

Before Dreamhack, everything was like:
Melee+Ranged Bot.
Ranged Mid.
Double Top / Tanky-Top + Jungle

Before my time, I'm afraid. Should try it sometime to see how it works lol
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 11:36am | Report
I got the feeling is drifting into the way the Dota(2) meta is atm. The game M5 pulled with ali is exactly the way you play in Dota 2 with double support thet are in the woodes. But well in Dota there is more then 1 team setup up it also can be 2 top or 2 mid and the other lanes are solo. But the M5 style was played by Na'Vi a while ago in a final or soemthing.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide