Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Drop Hacking.

Creator: Babit September 17, 2012 9:39am
17 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 9:39am | Report
WTH is happening. I thought that this was just a myth created by baddies at first, but it has happened way too many times now. This HAS to be fixed. I lose a ranked game fairly, then when I'm winning a ranked game I get drophacked.

Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 9:59am | Report
Wait, how does this exactly work?

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 10:11am | Report
It consist on simply deleting the game, as if it never actually happened.

Every single person in game is disconnected and when you try to reconnect, the game no longer exists.
Asaroki
<Member>
Asaroki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 10:11am | Report
I assume like how d/c hacking would work in MMOs.

Hacker sends a bunch of data at the server, overloading it and disconnecting everyone. Basically a Denial of Service attack on a small scale.
Amazingly, this is actually extremely simple. I won't explain how to do it, as that is illegal, but it is quite simple. Very Very noticeable from the server side, but simple.

EDIT: Argh, ninja-ed.
If i need to shrink this to fit any guidelines, let me know.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 10:27am | Report
Babit wrote:

WTH is happening. I thought that this was just a myth created by baddies at first, but it has happened way too many times now. This HAS to be fixed. I lose a ranked game fairly, then when I'm winning a ranked game I get drophacked.

Happened to me once. I was winning a match when suddenly my Olaf teammate quit. At first I thought he just left for a some reason, but one enem had a suspcious "lolumad pwnt" attitude toward the whole matter. So, I contacted that Olaf after the match was over and he told me that he couldnt reconnect and the match didnt appear on his match history.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Asaroki
<Member>
Asaroki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 10:33am | Report
It's happened to me once for no apparent reason. I was playing a match with a new champion, and was being zoned unfortunately, but as i was going to try and turn the match around, i got d/ced. Thought at first it was just my internet, but all my signs said internet is fine. So i decided to restart the client, only to land at the main page and that match being unmarked in my list. It was a loss, so i wasn't angry but more of confused.
If i need to shrink this to fit any guidelines, let me know.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 11:58am | Report
oh its a hack, I thought it was a Riot server crash. It happens to me all the time in ranked.

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 12:17pm | Report
You guys need to do proper research before spreading this ******ed rumour.

First of all, the "Loldrop" tool is actually an RAT. If you don't know what that is, look it up.

"Dropping the game" is something completely different and more complicated. Several if not hundreds of games are on one server. If a server can handle these thousands of people its going to be extremely hard to take down. If the server is actually taken down it would put thousands out of a game. Not just one person would lose connection, your entire game and hundreds of others would be down to. Stop spreading ******** when you have literally no idea besides of what you might have read online.

Riot themselves is having server issues which various members have said in tweets. This is unrelated to people DDOS'ing a game server. Not many people have the ability to DDOS a server because of the time it takes to build up a large enough botnet. Also its an easily punishable criminal offense with very heavy punishments.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 12:17pm | Report
Not sure if this is actually a hack, but yes this is a fairly common thing apparently.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 12:23pm | Report
This is why every time I go into a ranked game I hope the enemy team doesn't have a ****** that does it. Apparently I'm not lucky enough for that not to be the case.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide