Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Favorite AD Carry?

Creator: LarryleAsian May 20, 2012 4:36pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 11:37am | Report
animorte wrote:

Because it feels absolutely amazing when you destroy your enemies with somebody that they think isn't even viable at all. Ezreal also just teaches you a lot in general.

Talon as well :)

Definitely agree that he teaches you a lot. Sigh. I keep telling myself I just need to sit down and spend a month or so with him and really master his skillset...but then I see Vayne in my character screen... :P

I don't think that he isn't viable - I've seen Doublelift use him quite a bit - but man the work / reward ratio just seems way off in my opinion.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 12:03pm | Report
The only bad thing about Ezreal is that he lacks utility.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 12:39pm | Report
animorte wrote:

The only bad thing about Ezreal is that he lacks utility.

Teamwide AS buff/debuff isn't utility?

Whoa.
True love is found only in yourself.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 12:54pm | Report
I knew that was coming... Obviously he has that. The things it is really useful for, hitting the enemy AD Carry or dropping a tower. Most his allies never actually need it since HE is the AD Carry (unless you play him AP).

What is everybody's favourite utility? Hard CC... Other AD Carries have similiar damage output and hard CC. That's what people generally want most.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 1:05pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I knew that was coming... Obviously he has that. The things it is really useful for, hitting the enemy AD Carry or dropping a tower. Most his allies never actually need it since HE is the AD Carry (unless you play him AP).

AS debuff the enemy AD carry, reduce their damage output.

AS buff your bruiser with a Wit's End, or something similar, and have them go to town. The opposite applies to opponent's bruisers.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DjHalfBaked
<Member>
DjHalfBaked's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 10:56am | Report
loll tryn/irelia/olaf aren't AD carries xD But my fave is Ashe fo sho :) Specially after the awesome update
~ DjHalfBaked
zyeboix
<Member>
zyeboix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 2:19pm | Report
Riven for sure, pure AD.

Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome sig!
Luckyisdaname
<Member>
Luckyisdaname's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 10:34pm | Report
I'm an ADR player; just a heads up.

Hard to pick my favorite since I've played every single ADR champion but some highlights are...

Sivir can push like no other and that natural Banshee is just painful for Nukes.

Graves is the new face of ADR AoE. He bursts down his targets in the blink of an eye and that Buckshot-Quickdraw Retreat combo is just ****in' sexy.

Vayne is no doubt an insane late game carry. Even so, I do not prefer playing her. Her autoattack has the most annoying SFX and her squishiness along with her relatively short range are uncomfortable to me.

Caitlyn Long natural range, anti-gank skills, anti-Tryndamere net, runaway sniper, superb farming and poking Q. Nuff said.

But at the end of the day, Ashe is my favorite. Her utility is just unmatchable...AND THAT NEW MODEL UGGGGGH FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 12:11am | Report
The past few days, I have really been trying to decide on the better choice between Talon and Pantheon. Talon is much more direct and has a defined role that he does extremely well while Panth is versatile, but not extremely specializing at anything. They both have great ganking potential. I just feel like Pantheon is always my choice at the end of the day because I can take him anywhere and be sufficient against just about anybody. Talon is just a lot more difficult to place, but still so much fun.

I guess the best way to put it (for me):
With a pre-made that you can work really well with, including communication: Talon
Solo-que or just somebody to fill in a good slot: Pantheon

Of course when most people say AD Carry, they think of 'ranged'.

Luckyisdaname
<Member>
Luckyisdaname's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 12:24am | Report
They aren't wrong either. AD Carry splits between ADM and ADR and ADR champs usually dominate the charts when it comes to damage, giving them the "Carry" image.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide