Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fizz Mechanics preview

Creator: Lugignaf November 9, 2011 6:50pm
1 2 3 4 5
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:50pm | Report
Quoted:

Morello
Greeting, summoners!

At Riot, we like to provide a variety of champion styles, archetypes, and roles. Sometimes, we like to release a champion with an understood, defined role (such as Graves), while with others we try to shake up the traditional roles and offer a different way to impact the game. Fizz, the Tidal Trickster, is a perfect example of this. He splashes down somewhere in the melee assassin space, but in ways that change the role a bit -- especially compared to other assassins like Akali or Talon.

Fizz is able to pressure high-value targets like an assassin, but makes frequent use of evasive abilities and favors sustained damage over burst. This creates a different sort of hit-and-run gameplay style that allows this little amphibian to dance around the battlefield, using evasion to stay alive and keep the opponent guessing.

The primary way Fizz keeps enemies on their toes is with Playful/Trickster – a stance that has him pole vault on the end of his trident and become un-targetable. Fizz can activate the ability again to move off of the trident in any direction he chooses, dealing (literally) splash damage when he lands. In this way he can dodge big spells, dodge heavy damage in teamfights, and escape for another set of attacks shortly thereafter. Proper use of Playful/Trickster rewards good reflexes and situational awareness, since it has a powerful effect and short duration. Timing is everything.

Fizz also has something else up his sleeve that’s sure to impress, and is slightly out-of-role for an assassin. He starts by tossing a seemingly-innocent fish that sticks to a target. Then, just when they think they’re safe, it’s shark time! That’s right! A giant shark erupts from the ground and chomps down on the target and nearby friends. There’s really nothing else to say about this – a giant shark eats them, and it’s awesome.

It’d been awhile since we’d done a more whimsical character with a lighthearted theme, and Fizz fits the bill just right. Offering both a unique visual style and innovative gameplay to match, Fizz should really appeal to people who want to be -- both literally and figuratively -- slippery.

Not sure if want... :/
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:52pm | Report
So.... he's a melee assasin.. With a maokai-like sapling toss...

and he can dodge just about any attacking judging from that first move...

Depends how long he can stay up there I guess..
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:52pm | Report
Quoted:
He starts by tossing a seemingly-innocent fish that sticks to a target. Then, just when they think they’re safe, it’s shark time! That’s right! A giant shark erupts from the ground and chomps down on the target and nearby friends. There’s really nothing else to say about this – a giant shark eats them, and it’s awesome.

That part..

is so....

random :|

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:55pm | Report
So he can dodge danger, but what if its an autolock spell after clicking like TF's gold card? So if thats in midair and he does tricker what happens then?
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:56pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

That part..

is so....

random :|

Quoted:
and it’s awesome.

That made me laugh for some reason. Those 3 words.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:56pm | Report
Rudmed wrote:
So he can dodge danger, but what if its an autolock spell after clicking like TF's gold card? So if thats in midair and he does tricker what happens then?

^ Vladimir becomes untargetable when he pools right?
So, what happens if he pools in that exact situation? I guess the same will happen with Fizz

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 6:59pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Vladimir becomes untargetable when he pools right?
So, what happens if he pools in that exact situation? I guess the same will happen with Fizz

....welllll sucks for TF then it nullfies the stun and damage. FFFFFFF
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 7:00pm | Report
vladimir pools, fizz uses trickster, fiddle drains them both to death.

(Yup, fiddles drain won't stop hitting you even if you pool on vlad.)
RoIand#64773
<Member>
RoIand#64773's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 7:11pm | Report
Hit-and-run champ? I may reconsider buying him now :/
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 7:25pm | Report
Sounds fun.

His untargetable spell reminds me of Puck from DotA, and that makes me happy, because if you're clutch with it you can pull off some crazy stuff!

The shark sounds a bit lackluster, but an amusing idea.

Also, he's so cute! >_> (and fluffyyyy!)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide