Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting tired of champions after making guides

Creator: Ireliavent March 15, 2014 3:52am
1 2 3
Has this happened to you?
Ireliavent
<Member>
Ireliavent's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 3:52am | Report
I've recently discovered my lack of motivation to play champions like Trundle and Nidalee. This, I believe, is caused by the fact that I've written guides about them. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I find it really annoying, because I'm forced to play these if I want to be able to keep up with the changes and meta.
If you've had this problem, what did you do?
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the signatures! Please check out his workshop!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:12am | Report
I think you just said it yourself:
"I find it really annoying, because I'm forced to play these if I want to be able to keep up with the changes and meta."

Being forced to play games isn't fun, it's tiring. Stop feeling forced, and you can enjoy the game again. This can be reached by doing things very different from what you are now doing. Eg; Do things very off-meta, go play other games, don't game at all, do things different. If you do that long enough, then an inner voice will say: "Hey, I feel like playing Nidalee/Trundle again". And then you can enjoy that champion once more :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
seodoori
<Member>
seodoori's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:22am | Report
I always did, always have, and always will only play Riven so no problemo for me-o. :)
Ireliavent
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:49am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Being forced to play games isn't fun, it's tiring. Stop feeling forced, and you can enjoy the game again. This can be reached by doing things very different from what you are now doing. Eg; Do things very off-meta, go play other games, don't game at all, do things different. If you do that long enough, then an inner voice will say: "Hey, I feel like playing Nidalee/Trundle again". And then you can enjoy that champion once more :3

Thanks for the fast reply Bananaman :3

There is indeed sort of a "cooldown" I guess... I've started to play other champions, and it seems to work out. I tend to have a lot more fun playing 5v5 with TS or Skype, bet it isn't just me. Anyways, I'm starting to look into games such as WoW and Titanfall, just because I need a break. Any sweet games you have a lot of fun with?
Can't wait until I get the urge to play Trundle again!

seodoori wrote:

I always did, always have, and always will only play Riven so no problemo for me-o. :)

Lucky you! Good thing you haven't gotten this problem (yet?)
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:54am | Report
Ireliavent wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply Bananaman :3

There is indeed sort of a "cooldown" I guess... I've started to play other champions, and it seems to work out. I tend to have a lot more fun playing 5v5 with TS or Skype, bet it isn't just me. Anyways, I'm starting to look into games such as WoW and Titanfall, just because I need a break. Any sweet games you have a lot of fun with?
Can't wait until I get the urge to play Trundle again!

I atm play mostly hearthstone, loadout, one finger death punch and a bit of mighty quest for epic loot. Hearthstone is really fun if you like card games with a lot of random cool stuff. Loadout is a great third person shooter if you love chaos and building your own weapons. 1FDP is great to feel like a stick figure karate god. The last game I have a love-hate relationship with, the castle building is cool and stuff, but I dislike the invading and leveling system quite a bunch. It is still free though. All of the games mentioned are free actually, except 1FDP but that is only like 2 euro's or something.

Also; South Park Stick of Truth is also really good. It is a tad expensive compared to a lot of other games, but if you like south park it is definately worth the purchase.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Ireliavent
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 5:05am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I atm play mostly hearthstone, loadout, one finger death punch and a bit of mighty quest for epic loot. Hearthstone is really fun if you like card games with a lot of random cool stuff. Loadout is a great third person shooter if you love chaos and building your own weapons. 1FDP is great to feel like a stick figure karate god. The last game I have a love-hate relationship with, the castle building is cool and stuff, but I dislike the invading and leveling system quite a bunch. It is still free though. All of the games mentioned are free actually, except 1FDP but that is only like 2 euro's or something.

Also; South Park Stick of Truth is also really good. It is a tad expensive compared to a lot of other games, but if you like south park it is definately worth the purchase.

Loadout seems quite similar to Team Fortress 2, but I like the idea, definitely going to download it. Been watching some youtubers and such play South Park, might look into that. Also I've seen Rust... I have no idea if I want to buy it or not. Have you played it?
For some reason this is getting really off-topic :D I'll let you answer and I'll ask you more in PMs
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 6:16am | Report
Ireliavent wrote:

Loadout seems quite similar to Team Fortress 2, but I like the idea, definitely going to download it. Been watching some youtubers and such play South Park, might look into that. Also I've seen Rust... I have no idea if I want to buy it or not. Have you played it?
For some reason this is getting really off-topic :D I'll let you answer and I'll ask you more in PMs

Never played Rust. I saw some people play it, but I am just not that interested in a survival game. Let alone an incomplete survival game (since it's in alpha)
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Ireliavent
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 8:06am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Never played Rust. I saw some people play it, but I am just not that interested in a survival game. Let alone an incomplete survival game (since it's in alpha)

I'll wait and see. Thanks for the suggested games thought :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 9:29am | Report
It's been over 2 years since I wrote my first Talon guide, and I'm still nowhere near bored of him. :P
Ireliavent
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 9:33am | Report

It's been over 2 years since I wrote my first Talon guide, and I'm still nowhere near bored of him. :P

2 years? Wow, didn't know the boredom lasted this long... hope this isn't my case
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide