Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Gragas picking up unneeded tower aggro

Creator: tsan
September 6, 2012 4:02am
12 posts page 1 of 2 Forums » General Discussion » Gragas picking up unneeded tower aggro
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by tsan » September 6, 2012 4:02am | Report
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just wanted to get the opinion of the Gragas community.

I've been playing Gragas after the recent body slam nerf update and have been upset with some things...
Mainly, whenever I dive into a tower that is attacking my minions to get the other character, I've noticed that tower aggro gets switched to me whenever I use a skill (Q or E) around the tower. I'm not sure it was like this before so I'm just wondering if others have been like this too.

Is this supposed to be normal? I thought towers aggro minions before champions?
tsan's Forum Avatar

tsan
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Vapora Dark » September 6, 2012 4:13am | Report
Towers attack the first thing that comes into their range, but if a minion enters its range before a champion, it will attack all the other minions before it attacks the champion, unless the champion attacks another champion within rannge of the tower. If you use your barrel on someone while out of range of the tower, it won't attack you. If you attack them while in range of the tower, it will switch targets towards you, until you leave its range, and then it will continue attacking minions.
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Vapora Dark
<Sharpshooter>
Rep: Renowned (503)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by tsan » September 6, 2012 4:18am | Report
^ +1

So in other words, attacking a champion within range of the tower resets the aggro towards you?
That is a useful piece of information to know!

So much for reckless tower diving :(
There was a point to tower hugging after all...
tsan's Forum Avatar

tsan
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Vapora Dark » September 6, 2012 4:34am | Report
tsan wrote:

Indeed. :P

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Vapora Dark
<Sharpshooter>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by AyushGarg » September 6, 2012 4:47am | Report
Also, if you use a DoT move on the champion and he is affected by it while he is running away and you are in the range of the turret, the turret agro will turn on you even though you have not attacked the enemy with a skill while in its range.
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar

AyushGarg
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Lugignaf » September 6, 2012 7:50am | Report
Simplicity's sake answers.

If you damage them and you are within tower range, and they are too it will shift it's aggro to you.

If there are 2 allied champions under tower attacking, it will stay on whoever took aggro first.

Going untargetable will make you drop aggro(of course).

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Lugignaf's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Lugignaf
<Moderator>
Rep: Renowned (562)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Darcurse » September 6, 2012 1:20pm | Report
The enemy doesn't have to be in tower range as far as I remember.

You stay beneath the enemy turret and activate your barrel to hit someone far away -> tower aggro.

But I'm not quite sure actually since I have never tested it.
Darcurse's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Darcurse
<Member>
Rep: Notable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by JEFFY40HANDS » September 6, 2012 3:55pm | Report
Not sure if this is 100% OT, but, anyone noticed attacking an enemy who isn't in "their" tower's range doesn't aggro the tower?
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Rep: Esteemed (412)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Vapora Dark » September 6, 2012 6:37pm | Report

Not sure if this is 100% OT, but, anyone noticed attacking an enemy who isn't in "their" tower's range doesn't aggro the tower?

Yeah, I have, and it's probably meant to be like that. An easy way to confirm this is to play Karthus, push to your tower when your enemy isn't on the lane and use your ult while in tower range. Don't get tower aggro? Now you know it's meant to be like that. Get tower aggro? RUN THE **** AWAY, TALON'S COMING TO GET YOU.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Vapora Dark
<Sharpshooter>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by NicknameMy » September 7, 2012 10:43am | Report
tsan wrote:

Actually, there isn't, enough junglers can towerdive you.
He is gonna kill you!!!
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Rep: Prominent (153)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!