Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How the top lane is playing these days

Creator: ExamplePrime January 22, 2012 4:58pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:25pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Gangplank doesn't need to heal, he can harass you without ever entering your range.

Riven just massively outdamages Warwick.

No way in hell Warwick could beat Udyr at an equal skill level. Udyr has much higher damage, a shield to block Warwick's Q, and almost as much sustain as Warwick. Except Udyr's sustain also gives him mana.

Movement Speed quints solve everything. Like I said, never had a problem.

I dunno, maybe she does, but I just need to get her to 50% health and then survive until level 6 to get the kill. It's not hard to survive that long. ( Ofc, using a Q every time her health gets too high because of health regen. )

Hmm, I should test this Udyr theory. If you've got him, I'll play a game with you on Friday, as you're on EU West.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:26pm | Report
Come at me bro. :P

I have Gangplank too.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:29pm | Report

Movement Speed quints solve everything. Like I said, never had a problem.

I dunno, maybe she does, but I just need to get her to 50% health and then survive until level 6 to get the kill. It's not hard to survive that long. ( Ofc, using a Q every time her health gets too high because of health regen. )

Hmm, I should test this Udyr theory. If you've got him, I'll play a game with you on Friday, as you're on EU West.

Yup, because GP can't use MS quints.

That's something that only WW can use.
Tri lane for life.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:30pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Ever fought a Mordekaiser?

Mordekaiser bullies WW pretty well.

Does he run Cho'Gath with a 21% attack speed page, and level E first?

Never played against a Morde with WW before, but I can see why you might think he beats WW, and you may be right. I want to test this. Anyone on EUW got Morde? :P
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Morde is free this week.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Actually Khazem tells me that Warwick is an incredibly good counter to Cho'Gath.

Haven't seen it myself though. :P

Pretty sure he's wrong.

And Vapora the irony of you winking while being flat out wrong is just overwhelming xP

I never said WHO beats WW, but if they have energy + spellvamp build paths they generally do.

If life steal and right click is good, they generally beat him as well.

Cho Gath beats WW in my experience, max E, and rush Berzerker's greaves + Wit's End.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yup, because GP can't use MS quints.

That's something that only WW can use.

That would be if GP was specifically using Movement Speed Quints to counter WW. No GP's take Movement Speed Quints simply because they think it's necessary for playing GP, whereas Movement Speed Quints ARE necessary on WW in my opinion, and are what I standardly use.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:34pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Morde is free this week.

Oh, cool. Perfect timing.
Jovoo
<Member>
Jovoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:35pm | Report
I'll be honest, top lanes these days (at least under 30, and in normals) are played with big unprofessionalism. League of Legends is a strategy MOBA, it requires skill, yes, but it is also a strategy game. It's more about thinking and knowing where your opponent is, and countering to their actions and so on. :)

The top laners need to be aware of this the most (well, after the mid-laners). They are put in that lane to get more xp, more gold and so on. And people do not even understand why...they put 2-1-2 lanes, EVEN IN RANKED!! they put their solo bottom, and so on. -.-
And I understand that, new players, players that want to relax, players that want to have fun...but in ranked games? Why? Delete your account my friend.

The fact of the matter is, if you bellow 1500 elo then you will see some ******ism at it's finest (not sure if that's even a word). Plus the amount of arrogance is...I don't even have the words for it.

It's bad, top lanes are bad, and they continue to get bader and bader. At least in low skilled games.
People are just not even trying anymore,
ALL OF MY ACTIVITY ON THE SITE HAS STOPPED BECAUSE OF MY DEPARTING FROM LOL!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Jovoo wrote:

I'll be honest, top lanes these days (at least under 30, and in normals) are played with big unprofessionalism. League of Legends is a strategy MOBA, it requires skill, yes, but it is also a strategy game. It's more about thinking and knowing where your opponent is, and countering to their actions and so on. :)

The top laners need to be aware of this the most (well, after the mid-laners). They are put in that lane to get more xp, more gold and so on. And people do not even understand why...they put 2-1-2 lanes, EVEN IN RANKED!! they put their solo bottom, and so on. -.-
And I understand that, new players, players that want to relax, players that want to have fun...but in ranked games? Why? Delete your account my friend.

The fact of the matter is, if you bellow 1500 elo then you will see some ******ism at it's finest (not sure if that's even a word). Plus the amount of arrogance is...I don't even have the words for it.

It's bad, top lanes are bad, and they continue to get bader and bader. At least in low skilled games.
People are just not even trying anymore,

I've only once seen someone in ranked insinuate for 2 people to go top. And he was probably new to ranked.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide