Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

if you agree alistar is a support read this

Creator: qq is for trolls November 30, 2013 11:15am
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 2:04pm | Report

i try defrent things when i find its suitable for my team. i dont always go full tank. yes i was na. and i got near 3k wins on na idk if that changed. i dont understand every ones hate. toward me

No one is hating. People are just finding it really strange that someone just pops up making a thread about how a support isn't a support because it is a tank, while afterwards finding out that you yourself do not even play him as a tank yourself :P

It is just really odd and people try to make that odd feeling clear in their own way. This has not been rage whatsoever so far. Just think logically for a second and you will understand why people are disagreeing on your statements.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 2:17pm | Report

How oddly ironic.

Meiyjhe wrote:

Just think logically for a second.

I fear you ask too much...

Meiyjhe wrote:

Just think

Hm... still too much.

Meiyjhe wrote:

Just

Looks about right.
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 3:39pm | Report
you guys should stop posting i mean you already know he's not the greatest player and he isn't taking your suggestions, just whatever man let him play wota alistar in his own world
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 3:41pm | Report
But this thread must be preserved!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 6:05pm | Report
How to play Alistair as a support AND a tank in 2 easy steps.
1. Get support masteries, not 0-30-0, and actual runes, not scaling attack damage seals and glyphs.
2. Buy the recommended items.

Basically MOBAFire.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 6:11pm | Report
Alistar has the perfect move pool for an aggressive support.
An AOE knock up is extremely powerful and when coupled with the mobility that his headbutt provides he is a monster in lane, able to set up ganks and potential early kills with ease.
While I hate his e, the sustain it provides is 'okay' and follows the true sense of what a traditional support would provide.
His ult also functions perfectly on a support, since they didn't get as much gold in the past and the damage reduction allowed him to become a legitimate threat to the enemey team with o tank items! It also allows him to tank turrets for his adc and set up plays that other supports couldn't due to their frailty.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 8:41pm | Report
Alistar is a support because his kit works best in that role. Teemo was and maybe still is listed as a support yet he is played top because of his kit. Annie is often played as a support even though she's supposed to be APC.

See where I'm going with this?

It doesn't matter what section a champion is listed under, what matters is how well its kit fits certain positions.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 9:07pm | Report

Alistar is a support because his kit works best in that role.(...)

Not entirely.

Alistar works as a season 3 support because he doesn't scale with gold.

AP doesn't help his heal that much, or his damage. Resistances have slight diminishing returns with his ult as well, and he gets free AD from his ult too? Like, he gets a lot of free things and doesn't need gold since all his usefulness is wrapped up in Headbutt and Pulverize. Usually both together.

Compared to all other supports, he's pretty bad. Compared to all other tanks, he's pretty bad too. He's REALLY in a bad spot, and I'm actually more inclined to play him top lane Bruiser/Tank than anything else right now... but he also doesn't scale great with gold, so you lose a lot of his potential.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 11:41pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Not entirely.

Alistar works as a season 3 support because he doesn't scale with gold.

AP doesn't help his heal that much, or his damage. Resistances have slight diminishing returns with his ult as well, and he gets free AD from his ult too? Like, he gets a lot of free things and doesn't need gold since all his usefulness is wrapped up in Headbutt and Pulverize. Usually both together.

Compared to all other supports, he's pretty bad. Compared to all other tanks, he's pretty bad too. He's REALLY in a bad spot, and I'm actually more inclined to play him top lane Bruiser/Tank than anything else right now... but he also doesn't scale great with gold, so you lose a lot of his potential.

He can't be played top because he can't do the things top laners do, one of which is actually dealing damage. Jungle Alistar used to be a thing but there are junglers that do what he does better.

I see him as a sort of weaker version of Leona right now.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 11:53pm | Report

He can't be played top because he can't do the things top laners do, one of which is actually dealing damage.

Unbreakable Will gives free AD as well as a decent amount of damage reduction. I'd say he's okay at a bruiser role if you build him with like, Bork and other tanky AS items.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide