Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Is AP sion viable in ranked?

Creator: Babit September 30, 2011 12:43pm
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 5:52pm | Report
Calibern wrote:

I just suggested Swain because he wanted a Ap caster who is viable in ranked.

But he doesnt want a 6300 champion
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 12:05am | Report
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 12:24am | Report

(AP, AD...tank?)

You'd never have known if not for DuffTime, true innovator of the true OP <3
C4k3CooKieZ
<Member>
C4k3CooKieZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 12:59pm | Report
If you get solo top lane AD Sion and manage to farm pretty decent..
YOU WILL BE BEAST! Without bonus life steal you will heal for at least 300 in with your ult activated

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 4:05pm | Report
Someone else knows... ^ We must kill this man :o
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 6:31am | Report
Both ways to play Sion Ad and Ap (Tank wtf?) are just good ways to roflstomp noobs.

Ad: Guess since Tryn´s tweak he´s the strongest "just hit ´em" champ.
He has a weak early but can fight 2 guys late and just clobber `em into a mushy pulp without loosing much health. But later he´s like every other autohit melee, you´ll be cc´ed into oblivion. (Also your stun is just a weak gap closer and your bubble is totally useless)

Ap: Sometimes I feel like stomping I´ll take him and dive two noobs alone at their tower, surviving it and also taking half of the towers life while waiting for them to return.
He´s not viable against organized teams, they´ll just pop your bubble leaving you utterly helpless and easy too kill.

Guess even in ranked Ap can do pretty well on early lane if you´re able to manage your mana consumption. But even with some feed in ganks you´ll be easily taken out.
Maybe you can try to go tanky-Ap right from the get-go:

Grab yourself the solo lane (dunno maybe mid is a viable option sometimes) even on Ap try to farm enough health using Enrage on lvl 1-2, Abyssal and Hourglass seems like a must (Sth like spell vamp can be ignored and I´d prefer to buy Rabadon later if you arent completely dominating).
If you find yurself oom most of the time grab Sheen early and leave it. Normally I ditch this item early since I play "safe aggressive" against strong enemys popping my bubble just at the edge of the aoe before pulling back and waiting for CD leaving me without a chance to hit ´em.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 10:51am | Report
^

AD Tanky Sion.

No he is not weak early.

No his bubble is not totally useless.

Refrain from commenting on that which you don't understand x_x
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 12:00pm | Report
YeahYeah,

(Ofc "tanky" Ad Sion... i referred to TANK.)

Okay hes not "weak" early (weaker than Ap Sion at least for me) its not the problem that he dishes out too little or that hes too frail, his only gap closing ability is a 1,5 sec stun. If someone can overcome that, you´re a walking lump of meat.
Yay you can heal yourself insanly fast, but since 80-90% of the gamers play somewhat ranged, try too find sth that you can actually hit.
And if you wanna tell me that you actually manage to bash that Ashe e.g. using Stun,Flash,Exhaust whatsoever, nothing to add just that even most of the guys in soloqueue arent that stupid.

And, hoorayh for the bubble on Ad Sion. Yeah early its a compensation for the life you loose using Enrage and later its 300 worth of life (never tried it, I just guess that mr/armor applies as of now to every bubble?) and if you try to activate it beforehand and pop it for those 300 raw m.dmg.: yeah right one autohit/minor ranged skill and their you go 1-4 secs waited for nothing.

Okay, thats "something". Sry its not useless, I just would exchange it for anything else... and again late game it´s just the same compensation as early only a tad worse.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 12:14pm | Report
Jungle sion is the way to go ;).
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 12:24pm | Report
No. Jungle Sion is slow and relies on his blue. You take that and he's done forever.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide