Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is it better in ranked queues?

Creator: Jo3HooDYo February 28, 2013 12:16pm
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 8:14pm | Report

Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves here! There's a perfectly logical explanation: Your teams were friendly because you were winning, and the enemy teams were probably on full rage mode in their own chat.

Meh, they were nice from the start, everybody GLHF, no fights in champ select, no flaming or "report ez cuz hes 1-6", everyone GG and some of the enemies even honored us

But yeah I just played a match and my enemies were vile

Stomped them though
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
AFKwithyoursister's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 8:34pm | Report
For me people in normals just troll and instant lock. In ranked people don't usually troll pick, but they rage hard if things start going downhill. Ranked is more of carrying people's tilts than anything else.
Karthus by LaCorpse

Fearless bush diving

Jo3HooDYo
<Member>
Jo3HooDYo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 10:23pm | Report
Thanks guys. All +Repped. I just mean the players and the games.
It seems like almost every time I play there's trolls aplenty. Like no one cares.
Insta-lock mids all the time, which sucks because I'm starting to really get good with Annie, but still need more practice. Even if I call it first thing there are still people that want to call me all sorts of things because they insta-locked.
And the chat in games is something that makes me more angry than losing.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 1:27am | Report
It depends on the mindset that you bring with you to ranked queues. If you try hard to improve your ELO, you can either improve it a lot, or lose ELO and become frustrated.

If you play just to have fun first, and winning second, you'll find that you'll be a lot less frustrated, and probably a lot more successful.

EDIT: Just like in normal queue, there will be people who will get you frutrated. In ranked queue, there is a higher threshold of respect between players. MOST people will allow you to have the lane you desire, so long as you follow the pick order precedence rule.

That said, people will get frustrated if someone disrespects their game, by sucking or trolling, or anything of the such.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 1:51am | Report
More to learn from in ranked queues.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 2:32am | Report
Experience gets sliiiiiiiightly better as you go up, but its pretty ragey except at the very top. (where its more just trolling)
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 3:05am | Report
900~1200 when i played there was full of rage and people thinking they know everything

1200~1500 people are better and try hard but you get the ragers every once in a while (people still suck but they know a lot more about the game)

1500~1800 people are relatively better though at lower gold people still don't know the focuses of the game. higher gold is very tryhard and people get really mad for mistakes lower level people will disagree with (enemy mid ganks bot your bot gets super 100% mad for you being back at base)

1800~2200 (from what ive seen from streams) people are either super tryhard (euw) or super troll + somewhat tryhard (na)
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 7:10am | Report
utopus wrote:
If you play just to have fun first, and winning second, you'll find that you'll be a lot less frustrated, and probably a lot more successful.

HAVE THE INTERNET
Sojjang
<Member>
Sojjang's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 12:28pm | Report
Once you start playing Ranked games, you tend to care much less about normals/draft from my experience. In ranked, people know how to play the champions they choose and expect others to as well. Depending on the league you are in, it's more or less the same.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 12:57pm | Report

I'd say at first it's pretty much the same/even worse, but I have found that it gets much better as you go up. I had a great team in my last 10-ish games, and the enemies were good and friendly, but we still stomped them =)

I disagree in ranked people try harder and at least pick correct roles people in blind dont care.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide