Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is Veigar at all viable in ranked?

Creator: React November 11, 2011 10:09pm
1 2
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 10:09pm | Report
Is veigar viable in high and low elo ranked matches?
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 10:12pm | Report
Other team has more than one AP char? He nukes'em dead.

Ofc he is.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 10:12pm | Report
Depends really.
He's like Kass combined with Nasus IMO.

Strong niche pick with a specific role. Weak early game but strong late game.
Kills other casters without blinking mostly just by using his ult and having a 1:1 ratio on an already high damage skill isn't bad either.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 10:14pm | Report
Depends on your skillcap with Veigar. In ranked, you NEED to land your jail on the enemy AT LEAST 90% of the time, or else you'll have a hard time.

DO NOT pick Veigar if you are mid, and the enemy has a Kassadin. Kass is by far Veigar's worst ap champ to be agaisnt

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2011 6:52am | Report
Every champ is viable if you can play him~

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2011 9:17am | Report
Hes viable , just don't get frustrated if early on hes not blowing the enemy team away.

But with his great CC ability end game hes a monster.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2011 9:24am | Report
He kills every one. (except Kassadin)
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2011 2:00pm | Report
Veigar certainly has design problems. He isn't designed to compete well with traditional AP carries in the current meta game (by that I mean most other AP carries can fill his role better).

However, he does do something the best, and for that he has a niche role. He is a godlike burst champion.

Most of the problem, however, is he has a massive skillcap, and combined with design flaws, he's hardly played. If you play veigar to the fullest I would consider him viable, but that's very difficult and hardly ever happens.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 12:58pm | Report
He sucks. Might work in low elo, but at higher level play your opposing laner will recognize how **** veigar is and just stomp him early game. Sure, he has burst to kill a squishy caster. So does malz, annie, cassio, gragas, xerath, etc etc... People who say "BUT HE OWNS CASTERS" don't realize how many casters are capable of nuking other casters. He's like 75% of other casters late game and the worst caster early game. The only unique thing he has is a really strong stun, but other than that he's just outdone by other casters.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 1:03pm | Report
Veigar is an awesome champion, that requires a high skillcap. If you,re not a noob with him, you won't suck even at high ELO. To date, the only champion that were able to beat my veigar mid were Kassadin. No one other than him bested me. Veigar is hard to master, but when you do, he kicks ***.

As I said above, the ONLY champion that can stop me from farming is Kassadin. Not even LeBlanc can. But that is because I probably have around 250 game played with Veigar, resulting in me being experienced with him. I know exactly what to do, when to do it, how to do it and how to react if it fails.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide