Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jax : Laning problems

Creator: IrishFight23 September 18, 2011 6:10pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 3:53pm | Report
Runes for Jax are simple:

Runes

Precision
Fleet Footwork
Phase Rush
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 3:54pm | Report
^ I would take MR per level instead of flat MR, but yes.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 3:58pm | Report
Well, and I prefer flat MR, for more lane power.

I would say flat MR against Magical Dmg in lane and MR per lvl against Physical Dmg in lane.

Masteries:
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:05pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, and I prefer flat MR, for more lane power.

I would say flat MR against Magical Dmg in lane and MR per lvl against Physical Dmg in lane.

Masteries:

Good set of masteries, looks like mine.
I prefer MR per lvl too, but flat can do the job too.
Why Flash? It's kinda useless considering the huge CD and the distance it teleports is small. I think Ghost isnt a good one either, you have the jump. Maybe Cleanse to get rid of some CC and keep hitting enemies.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

^ I would take MR per level instead of flat MR, but yes.

Flat MR is more for lanning

Flat MR per level is what jax needs for end game wrecking.

Someone posting once upon a time that had a graph on it proving that the flat seals fall off dramatically towards the end of the game.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:12pm | Report
Well, Wall Hax, Flash out of AOE Ulti's, Flash to reach a teammate/minion and jump on him with Leap Strike...

Flash has the greates utility of all summoner spells.

BTW: Saintvicious uses in his guide 4 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist and 5 Greater Glyph of Magic Resist. That sounds also good.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Flash is indisputably by far the best summoner spell for just about every champion in the game.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:25pm | Report
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Putting aside that I cant even begin to comprehend how ppl can get attached to some "idols" nevermind how insignificant they can be:
This video features... nothing that indicates how Jax can be used.
Just somebody laning for himself.

Jax is probably one of the easiest melees you can lane with.
Solo seems the better choice instead of going for duo.
Also (DuffTime mentioned it already) you´ll be helpless against champs who can heal themself steadily, are able to nuke you from afar or just are able to obliberate your creeps instantly and leaving you opposed to him + his creepwave.

But, if youre able to manage until lvl6 you can easily turn the tides in your favor stacking some of your ult and adding your 3rd strike in a Leap/Empower/Stun combination (making one hell of a mess even after nerfing him)

Also:
Opposing DuffTime´s idea I wouldnt go for Doran Blades early, even using Leap as your main harass, you arent supposed to autostrike your enemy down without a advantage and ofc without ulti (if he lets you ofc go for it..).
Grabbing Dorans Ring OR going for a Tome+pot giving you some burst on Stun and ult and also the SAME bonus dmg on Leap (comparing Dorans Blade and Ring) just for some tiny life steal you cant rly make use of... isnt worth it.

FYI - I hate HotshotGG. He's bigheaded, and all around thinks he's the best player to ever grace the earth, so much so that nothing's his fault. I remember watching his stream one time when Orianna was new, he made a mistake and got himself killed, blamed a team mate, then when he was questioned said "Which one of us is going to Germany?" or something. If you think he's my "idol" then you're very much mistaken.

Though, he's an EXTREMELY good player - one of (if not THE) best players in the game, easily. I see him as the best player in the world right now, as do many others. He's proved that time and time again, and was easily one of the best players at the Intel Extreme Masters, with Ocelote falling closely behind.

HotshotGG's probably one of the best Jaxes in the game right now - I didn't have a Dyrus game at hand, so he was the best I can do. Watching how one of (if not the) best players in the world plays a champion EASILY shows you how to play him properly. Hotshot showed a perfect display of Jax, he had a good mix of aggression and passive play.

Doran's Ring is bad for Jax. Life steal from the Blade is all you're going to get until your Cutlass. It's passable, at best, but Doran's Ring is barely viable on AP champions in this metagame. Boots and 3 pots is the way to go.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 4:35pm | Report

Luther3000 wrote:
Flash is indisputably by far the best summoner spell for just about every champion in the game.

And it's still arguable whether ghost is better on Singed, flash would certainly be fine too.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide