Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungler taking kills? Rage!

Creator: I post stuff July 30, 2013 9:25am
1 2 3 4
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 9:25am | Report
There's something that I see more of recently and it really bugs me - People rage at their junglers for taking kills.

Take kill once, expect a "..." instead of "gj". Take it twice - "omg". Start snowballing - the whole team starts flaming you.

I understand that it sometimes makes sense to give the kill to the laner but it's more important to ensure that the enemy actually dies. Also, some junglers can snowball out of control to carry their team, for example Hecarim, Dr. Mundo, Lee Sin, Jarvan IV or Poppy.

Bot lane seems to react like this most frequently; god forbid you take a double kill there, adc will immidiately say something along the lines of "omg noob jungle ks everything gtfo my lane".

I personally don't care; when I'm ganking bot I try to murder one dude as fast as possible so I have more time to kill the other one.

IMHO it's wrong to take the kill only if your ally is one auto/few ignite ticks away from a kill after going all in on the enemy while you simply supplied the CC. If you did lots of work, a towerdive or are simply afraid that the enemy might escape, get the kill (especially if you can snowball and carry).

Am I thinking right?
I don't play LoL anymore.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 9:58am | Report
I'd say you're thinking right, although my 'policy' on taking kills during ganks is different.

If I'm ganking mid or bot, and I know for sure that the carry can get the kill, I will let them have it. If I don't know for sure, I'll take it.

Also, I don't know about you, but if I'm playing jungle Poppy and they whine at me for 'stealing' a kill because they apparently need it more, I'm not ganking for them again. Why help stupid people when they don't want to not be stupid?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:01am | Report
In general junglers shouldn't take the kills because it barely helps the laner. Apart from the assist gold, you pretty much only deny the enemy laner some xp and gold. Now, not saying it's a bad situation but it doesn't really help the laner. Giving them a kill puts them about 400-500 gold ahead which is a lot!

Most junglers are known to be very item independent: Jarvan IV, Lee Sin and Fiddlesticks might be able to snowball well; they also don't really need a ton of items to do their job.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:05am | Report
if they say gtfo my lane then listen to them. just make sure that you don't come back.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:07am | Report
if they ***** at you, ignore them and win the game. xD
ppl too moronic in low elo haha
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:33am | Report
Rule of thumb is the enemy has to die.

mid/top:
Can the laner get the kill? Let him.
He can't? Do it yourself.
He complained? Do it again repeatedly and win the game.

bot:
Can the ADC get the kill? Let him.
He couldn't and support got the kill? Try again.
He can't? Do it yourself.
He complained? Do it again repeatedly and win the game.

I prefer to have people being little whiny *****es rather than letting enemy stomp them. It is oh so satisfying to mute someone and communicate through pings and get things done anyway.

I have been baited into 1v3s due to this, for sure, but I only let it happen once per game. I also love it when this happens and enemy jungler camps bot. Buff stealing and solo lanes snowballing for the win.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:36am | Report
just be sure to make kills happen.
id rather steal a 95% kill than have them escape 5% of the time xD
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:52am | Report
A kill is 300g.

A kill + assist is 450g.

I try to donate kills to my team, but if I have to steal a kill for an assist I will do it because it helps the team overall.

Also, a stronger jungler is never a bad thing, because they'll just come back to your lane and give you more kills.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 11:04am | Report
If you can avoid taking kills, then i think you should do so. But i think it's alright taking a kill if you think there's more than a 5% chance of a champion Flashing and Barrier-ing away :P
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 12:40pm | Report
Honestly i almost always take the first kill myself.
Both because i want the gold for my boots to be secured, but also just because i'm level 3 and the laners are both level 2 so i'll have a ****load of damage so not taking it is hard without letting em escape.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide