Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Justice Rating

Creator: Vapora Dark April 18, 2013 4:03pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:03pm | Report
Anybody else use the tribunal? I've started using it every now and again, here's my current Justice Rating.

Out of those 21 cases, I've only pardoned like 3. :s Most of the time I only have to look at the first few things the reported person has said in the chat in the first case before coming to the decision of punishing. One of the people I pardoned I'm pretty sure got troll reported, because all he did was say stuff like ss and GG, and his stats were average, lol.

So, anyone else trying to make their favourite game a better place? ;)
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Not anymore, I was on 35 streak and gave a pardon, which resulted on breaking my streak and I just quit. (case should have been pardoned not punished)

It seems like people tend to forget that everyone does mistakes, says something rude if gets provoked or just had bad day; people who vote on tribunal expect everyone to be perfect, without any flaws. If they see one f-word they instantly press punish.

It saddens me when I see cases of punished people who did nothing wrong.
At least riot took permabanning into their hands and they are last on verdict.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:10pm | Report
It hurts me to use the Tribunal. I'm not kidding. It's the reason I don't play PvP. There are just SO many toxic players. I did it for one day. I ended up pardoning a lot of people because I have a very hard line on toxicity, so I overcompensate by extreme pardoning.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:24pm | Report
I lost my patience for it. I felt there were simply a ton of "punish" mashers, so i lost my interest.

ALso, even though it is a rather nifty score, it just says you agree with the majority at all times. Maybe you had a really good judgement, but i can't tell that.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:28pm | Report
Well people only get on the tribunal through repeated reports, so if the person reported has someone say something aggressive to them and they respond with "**** your mother *******, die of cancer" I will click punish, because chances are that's a person who says that kind of stuff quite often, and if they're on the tribunal, then it's even more likely, as they were reported quite often.

I rarely pardon unless they really haven't done anything wrong. Usually I read cases where the person was reported for "intentionally feeding" but their stats were fine, and I still punished them for their absolutely horrible attitude, which they almost always have. "omg this jungler doesn't gank, gg. go die noob"
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:29pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

I lost my patience for it. I felt there were simply a ton of "punish" mashers, so i lost my interest.

ALso, even though it is a rather nifty score, it just says you agree with the majority at all times. Maybe you had a really good judgement, but i can't tell that.

Yeah it's almost always punish lol.

What do you mean by that?
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 4:51pm | Report
I'm just pointing out a matter of perspective, since i really don't know how reasonable and fair you are. those numbers only say you have the same judgmental traits as the majority.

Even though there is an opinion of a majority, doesn't necessarily mean it is the most accurate.
there is a difference between the rule of the mob and the rule of law. they mix themselves, however.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 4:53am | Report
How is the rule of the mob not the rules of the game?

Why shouldn't the laws of the game be put into the hands of the people playing it?

What the majority of players think, IS how he rules should be - imo at least.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 4:59am | Report
Tyranny of the Majority, that's why.

If the majority says that it is the sun which circles the Earth and not the other way around, does that mean I must agree with the majority just because they are the majority?

Similarly, if a mob says that all foreigners in their country should be burned, should we agree?

So if the majority says that someone who just had a bad game once should be punished in the Tribunal, why must it be correct to punish him?

Although, in the case of the Tribunal, the mob is almost always right, because the ruling should almost always be punish.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 5:27am | Report
If the excuse for "You son of a *****, go burn in hell while I'll rape your mother" etc. is

"A BAD DAY" ...

That guy should get punished for all I care.

Even with all those punish button mashers, cases that are judged at the tribunal are already for "repeated offending".

You just have to remember: You don't judge a case of a player just for being reported ONCE.

But even so:

Tribunal is more of a laughing stock than an actual helpful system.
It can never have the power it needs to punish the real bad guys, because it would end up in being frightenly inaccurate
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide