Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Killing Bot Lanes?

Creator: Arcana3 March 29, 2012 9:35am
1 2 3
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 9:35am | Report
Yep baddie question ikr? But I never really understanded what it meant. So uh yeah, thoughts? Also what are the combinations? I know that Leona and Graves is one, along with Nunu & Willump and Ashe. Only ones i know : /
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 9:53am | Report
Your question is too large to be answered properly, unless you mean "what kind of duo is likely to get kills during laning".
Anything involving Poppy is scary as hell, you named Leona and Graves as bursters. Alistar+Vayne used to be popular and I believe you could still get a few good games even though she has been nerfed.

But to be honnest, there is nothing such as a real "killer lane", else you would already be aware of it, really.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 10:00am | Report
Kill lanes are usually formed by 2 champions with a lot of CC and burst potential. You already listed a few good examples but you can take it much further than that.
A few popular examples:

Leona and Jarvan IV
Blitzcrank and Alistar
Pantheon and Sion

I guess you get the idea
reghan
<Member>
reghan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 10:20am | Report
Kill lanes are lanes that are meant to kill the other bot lane and will fall behind if they don`t reach their goal
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 10:47am | Report
Ah i usually mean when there are at least a AD carry, and some kind of heavy CC, such as Shen or Leona. List please??? Or can it just be a combination of really heavy cc champions?

Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 11:14am | Report
Killing bot lanes don't typically involve AD range carries though, instead ordinarily consisting of two strong early game champions with the intention of setting the traditional AD range carry & support duo behind and to achieve kills (surprise, surprise) to become fed later during the game. The cheesy Blitzcrank & Alistar duo that CLG ran in the first game of IEM Hanover could be considered a kill lane.

Acting supports that tend to be in such lanes: Leona, Taric, Blitzcrank, Nautilus, Maokai etc.

Seeing as you only seem to be interested in possible AD range carries rather then champions such as: Talon, Garen, Pantheon etc. I guess Tristana and Urgot would work well?
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 12:50pm | Report
Well not really, but my friends always say "oh thats a kill lane" So I wanted to know. I can play everything so when i go Cait or Ashe, and we have someone like Taric, Leona, Alistar, etc. They say that^. So Thats why im asking :3

Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 1:31pm | Report
The reason ranged AD carries aren't preferred in kill lanes is because (outside of Trist and Vayne to an extent) you don't have strong enough burst to be effective. AP Sion + Mantheon is infinitely easier from a DPS perspective + they have two stuns. Blitzcrank and Ali will just CC you to death (literally).

I'm not saying you can't do it, but the people that I play with are not referring to ranged AD bots when they request a kill lane.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 1:44pm | Report
Tristana, Vayne, Urgot, Miss Fortune - those are generally the AD champions I think of for kill champs at bot lane

Leona, Alistar, Blitzcrank maybe Sona would be supports I would consider for kill lanes.

if you're looking for unconventional lanes then consider
Leona+ Jarvan IV
Renekton+ Garen
Renekton+ Lee Sin
Irelia + Lee Sin
Alistar+ Blitzcrank
Maokai + Alistar
Nautilus + Blitzcrank
Nautilus + Alistar

i could go on all day, but hopefully this helps
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 1:47pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

Well not really, but my friends always say "oh thats a kill lane" So I wanted to know. I can play everything so when i go Cait or Ashe, and we have someone like Taric, Leona, Alistar, etc. They say that^. So Thats why im asking :3

Then they're using the term incorrectly. They seem to be just be using it as a general term for any lane with kill potential... which almost any lane without Soraka has.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide