Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lack of Talons

Creator: FatelBlade January 5, 2012 6:11pm
27 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 12:53pm | Report
Talon has a few things running against him which makes him less dependable as a solo top compared to olaf tryn singed irelia etc....his lack of built in sustain. His damage can be immense but he requires proper play to win. The current debate seems to be does team comp matter or does winning the lane generally create solid victories. Talon has potential to win his lane but being an assassin instead of a tanky man or teemo basically widdles down his effeciency.

The reason people might not see talon regularly probably has to deal with how tanky men are everywhere. Talon has burst but trying to eliminate an opponent with nearly double his hp 10 minutes in to a game seems to be the determining factor. Assassins in general are a gamble to play, this also makes them a gamble for their team. The idea is to offer your team a better chance at victory.

Consider hsgg playing a select few champions. He could play anyone he wanted but typically is sent solo top as chogath. Why? Because chogath is a consistently strong champ regardless the player or the lane opponent. Talon on the other hand is less reliable. Not to say he isn't a good champ but to force focus on the fact that if talon faces chogath, olaf, irelia, singed the lane is usually going to the champ with better sustain. Early game damage from talon wouldn't be high enough to 1v1 the previously mentioned champs.

That's just my opinion.
Metalsonic
<Member>
Metalsonic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 4:45am | Report
I am wondering the same about my newly found OP Jarvan 4 jungle.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 5:03am | Report
The reason why Talon isn't played a lot is because he needs a team comp that matches his position.

He's a great counter to mid, but if you play him mid, you need an AP at top, but of course solo queue players don't think about the team comps so you get a team comp with no AP

He's also a decent pick at top if the enemy top laner is an AP.

He's strong mid and late it's just he's hard to place in a team comp because of his weak solo-top (after nerfs).
Niks
<Member>
Niks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 11:24am | Report
I've been trying to master him recently and I have to say he's actually (imo) pretty difficult to play well,I feel that there are better solo tops pick out there (Udyr,irelia,etc.). He's extremely fun to play though so I'm just going to stick with it.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 1:32pm | Report
assassin champs are broken, thank god we don't see them as often as we should
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
LordAerthos
<Member>
LordAerthos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 1:14am | Report
As most have already noted, assassins are a gamble and with most of them it's going to depend on team composition. I'm a big fan of assassins myself and tend towards Talon, Twisted Fate, and Akali when I feel that it will help out my team. But there are just some team comps where it isn't going to work, and some enemy comps where I know I'm just going to get rocked all game long.

So I think the reason you probably do not see many Talon players is because people are playing it safe... and because you're picking Talon. Unless you're playing Blind Pick games, hard for them to pick the same champ you are :P
"To warmth, whiskey, and women 'ere break of day!"

Guides You Should Check Out!
The Void Never Felt So Good
A Comprehensive Guide to Twisted Fate -- Still in progress! PM with things you want to see included!
Fantasm
<Member>
Fantasm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 8:11pm | Report
Its not that talno isn't good, he just doesnt have too much lategame presence, and one of my favorite things in a champ is good lategame scaling
Check out my Irelia Guide if you can
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide