Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

League of Legends - Lulu Patch Preview

Creator: Bryun March 16, 2012 7:00pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:04am | Report
People need to get over the idea that they should be able to not buy wards, because right now it's just not an option.

You don't wanna buy wards? don't complain when someone halfway across the map won't walk all the way up to your lane to make up for your unwillingness to spend a little of your far higher income. Or don't complain when your support doesn't have the exact items you want, because they will basically have no gold if you expect them to ward everything on the bottom side side of the map.

Everyone should buy at least some wards...I'm not saying blow all your early game money on wards...but 1 or 2 wards isn't gonna kill you. Seriously.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:22am | Report
It's not that people aren't buying wards, which they do in the pro games, it's that there are simply too many good items for supports costing too much.

Shurelya's reverie, builds out of a GP/10 item. Not a big sinkhole. Same with locket/randuins.
Zekes, oracles, wards. All good items for supports but, they have to have the money to get them. They would also like other items like deathcap on some supports but they don't have the money for it because of other support items and wards.

Adding in another "forced" support item is a bit too much.
True love is found only in yourself.
AFKwithyoursister's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:25am | Report
No Fiora nerfs?
Karthus by LaCorpse

Fearless bush diving

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:31am | Report

No Fiora nerfs?

A champion generally has to be OP to get nerfed (unless your name is Irelia) so why would they nerf a champion that isn't?
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:40am | Report

People need to get over the idea that they should be able to not buy wards, because right now it's just not an option.

You don't wanna buy wards? don't complain when someone halfway across the map won't walk all the way up to your lane to make up for your unwillingness to spend a little of your far higher income. Or don't complain when your support doesn't have the exact items you want, because they will basically have no gold if you expect them to ward everything on the bottom side side of the map.

Everyone should buy at least some wards...I'm not saying blow all your early game money on wards...but 1 or 2 wards isn't gonna kill you. Seriously.

I agree. I get so frustrated when people expect only one person to buy wards.
I had a game where our Ahri was ganked by the jungler like 4 times and all she did was ***** about how its not her job to buy wards, that the jungle needs to buy it and that we were all idiots.

Its like REALLY!? If you mid you want to get at least ONE ward if not two.

My last game as Janna I bought ward after ward after ward, I got about 15 in total and I was the only one warding. Eventually I went home and got some boots instead of wards and the moment the map went empty our mid was like "WARD SOMETHING JANNA YOURE SO USELESS!!"

-_-
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:43am | Report
Just tryed LuLu out on the PBE and she is awesome as support. She is going to be soooo anyoing if the player knows what he does he can set up a lot kill and help his team to avoid kills. As a Ap she is kind of Mediocarish. She has a good burst and a troll range with the E Q combo but she has quite long CD and the mana costs are also to high to use her stuff to kill someone. She is a bit like Lux or Oriana in that point just with way less AoE.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 11:50am | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

I agree. I get so frustrated when people expect only one person to buy wards.
I had a game where our Ahri was ganked by the jungler like 4 times and all she did was ***** about how its not her job to buy wards, that the jungle needs to buy it and that we were all idiots.

Its like REALLY!? If you mid you want to get at least ONE ward if not two.

My last game as Janna I bought ward after ward after ward, I got about 15 in total and I was the only one warding. Eventually I went home and got some boots instead of wards and the moment the map went empty our mid was like "WARD SOMETHING JANNA YOURE SO USELESS!!"

-_-

off-topic?
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 12:51pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Just tryed LuLu out on the PBE and she is awesome as support. She is going to be soooo anyoing if the player knows what he does he can set up a lot kill and help his team to avoid kills. As a Ap she is kind of Mediocarish. She has a good burst and a troll range with the E Q combo but she has quite long CD and the mana costs are also to high to use her stuff to kill someone. She is a bit like Lux or Oriana in that point just with way less AoE.

Actually, I'd say her kit feels much more like Janna's. The Qs are similar, both being skillshots with some form of CC. The Ws are both movespeed changes, though Janna's is an enemy debuff and Lulu's is an ally buff with some extra AP thrown in, and Lulu has her enemy use in there for extra utility. Both their Es are shields with an added damage effect, Janna's being direct and Lulu's being by passing her passive to the ally shielded, though again Lulu's doubles as a nuke, making her stronger at solo holding the lane while her AD is elsewhere. Their ultimates are both AOE CCs with healing attached, even if they're different in exact functionality.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 12:57pm | Report
I think he was saying that her range is comprable to Lux or Orianna.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 1:39pm | Report
I ment in terms of dmg you get for your mana. If you compare her to other utility mages she is close to Lux and Oriana. And yes if you want to compare her to a support Janna would be the best match. But she can also act like a Sona as a passiv support that punishes the enemy if he trys to go aggessiv. Her skill set is also really good in Team fights. With a littel bit of luck you can hit all enemy with your Q, you have to use E to do so. I may become a Support player because of her. She is way to much fun for a support XD
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide