Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Leaveburster system needs to go.

Creator: Sirnikolai April 1, 2015 6:23pm
Leaverbuster monitoring system stay or not.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2015 9:33pm | Report
While the Akali was an ARAM match so it was basically 4 vs 5 (I had Wrong runes) & I was avoiding the enemy champions, moving in-out of the base, just taking the HP if i could without getting killed again.

Defending incident I was Sivir just a bad team, All I could do was ward near my base:(. Still got report/tossed in low priority queue from that match as well.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 1:49am | Report
It's a decent system and I don't see the issue here as you are actually more talking about things not really refering to the system. If you get reported by people it has nothing in common with the leavebuster system.

Leaving the game before the match is over:

The Leaver Buster system will automatically kick players who remain idle for 5 minutes.
Punishment (All): No XP/IP granted for the abandoned game
Punishment (Normal Match): A leave is added to the player's profile.
Punishment (Ranked Match): A loss is added to the player's profile. (Even if the players team wins)
If a game doesn't end (for example for server issues, or because every player left the match), no penalties are given out.

After receiving a certain number of leaves, which varies depending on the total number of games played and the distance in time between each leave, the player account gets first warned and then suspended for increasingly long periods of time, resulting in a permanent ban for re-iterated offenses.

I'm a person who never reports people for leaving games except in case they're obviously ragequiiting or quitting on purpose as I'm a person often suffering from random disconnects and internet issues myself.

If you are getting reported by people because you are not capable of playing decently in certain games (such as you described with the Akali game) it's actually a problem Riot cannot work on because it's difficult to work on people's stupidity (refering to the people reporting you). Try to play more passive as mentioned before because the more you're behind the less you can do without getting punished by your opponents if you're literally playing on your own.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 2:19am | Report
And sometimes, Leaverbuster should just be disabled for a set period of time.

Not so long ago, an update pretty much ****ed up the launcher and the game, to the point where getting into a game was randomly succesful. And this happened to a lot (if not all) of the people I know.

I got a leaverbuster warning, because I tried (and managed) to reconnect at ~10 minutes, something like 40% of games this day.

When Riot has problem with servers/login/Queueing this should be disabled
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 2:56am | Report
It's the price for your precious don't-have-the-luxury-of-time, like jaywalking. The system's not gonna change dramatically, as flawed as it is, it's the only one working without the need for arbitrary interference from riot. I'm 100% behind the objectivity when the sever is **** though.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 3:24am | Report
The most hilarious part of the poll is when it says, 'make it understand AFK, IDLE', and I'm like 'Dude, that's the reason you're getting caught by the system'.

I wonder how to make you understand AFK?
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 5:14am | Report
It sounds like the OP wants to snowball and win a game quick or else he is giving up.

That is not how the game works. Sometimes you win slow, sometimes you get to work for it. But the actual objective is to play a game and have fun.

If fun is win in 20 or quit then you are going to have trouble from teammates because some of us enjoy a good fight and give 100% all the time.

Defending the base is not a position like goalkeeper where you don't come out and help with map pressure between waves.

I don't know for sure, but from the little data you provided it sounds like I would not be happy to have you on my team.

By the way, I am high level executive manager with a wife and two kids. I understand time issues. I allocate 1 hour to each game. If I can't devote that time I don't play. I play every game 100% effort till the end. And I have fun for every minute of it!

Like most things in LoL we really have to look at ourselves for the solution to most of the problems we face! (and frankly RL is the same way!)
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 5:29am | Report
That is where you are wrong men/women. I've already said I get report for not trying, I'm never away from my keyboard (AFK) get that through your head. I'm always active in the game moving around using skills, warding etc which is NOT idle. I haven't seen the 5 min warning since the end of novemeber. The last match i can think over that I left which count as a Leave was on Feb 24 2015 Using Katarina
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 5:36am | Report
So if we're talking about reports, then leaverbuster isn't the issue then, right?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 5:49am | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
That is wheere you are wrong children. I've already said I get report for not trying, I'm never away from my keyboard (AFK) get that through your head. I'm always active in the game moving around using skills, warding etc which is NOT idle. I haven't seen the 5 min warning since the end of novemeber. The last match i can think over that I left which count as a Leave was on Feb 24 2015 Using Katarina

Are you trying to avert the defeat or are just trying to not be caught by the leaverbuster? Here's the huge difference and that was what I and others mentioned in their previous comments. League of Legends is also about losing and playing passively if being forced into a disadvantage. The leaverbuster system cannot distinguish between purposes of leaving, that's what reports are for.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 5:50am | Report
If you're getting reported enough that a system is catching you, you're still probably doing something wrong, lol.

Put simply, you're not usually punished for no reason.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide