Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Lesser champs at approx 1600 or so elo

Creator: Machineae August 3, 2012 6:18pm
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:18pm | Report
I've been roughly in the same elo for the pass few months and I rarely see a handful of champs. I've got my own ideas as to why they're not picked but I'm curious as to what people from different levels of gameplay feel about champs.

Viktor
Orianna (got buffed and still not seeing her, dafuq people? Hard to learn but so worth it)
Anivia You would think with all the coverage Froggen gets people would see him doing good with the bird and hop on it hoping for easy wins
Leona

Thats all for now really~ Don't wanna go overboard.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:44pm | Report
They are all a bit more "brain" than most other champs (apart from leona, who is slightly less brain-y). People want Zhao, man, ZHAO
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 12:18am | Report
To get max from leona you need to space your skills enough that all sunlight procs can be damaged. Otherwise you are wasting her passive. In a leona game her passive is your best friend.

Basically E to someone, push w and q, wait about a second or so for the ad to proc that first sunlight, auto attack once for apply q, and then go on aa:ing for damage. Just after your ad manages to proc the q passive your w will explode and put on another proc for ad to pop.

If you do the button masher model you will pop w, then e and q. There is no way that the ad can proc all in early game.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 12:26am | Report
The reason you probably don't see Orianna is because she takes much skill to learn to play her "right". She has an amazing kit that allows her to support her team while wreaking havoc upon the enemy team. She is a great champion for mid lane, but not a lot of people play her in lower elos. She is a viable pick, not sure why not many people play her >.>
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 12:31am | Report
Ori with jax, irelia or such gapclosers is a beast. Shield ball on them, they jump in and you pop w and ultimate, rest of the team following up and you starting to reposition the ball with q and e for ball movement damage. Oh and don't forget those ori auto attacks!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide