Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mobafire guides suck?

Creator: Forgottenduty June 3, 2013 6:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 9:20pm | Report
Shuru wrote:

My point wasn't to say solomid was good (I actually don't use many guides in the first place) but more or less to say that people who can't think for themselves should go for a place where the thinking is done for them instead.

Why do you think my post was directed at you? I actually didn't even read your post xD. (Sorry lol). So if I somehow said something that contradicted something in your post, sorry but it wasn't intended ;D.

Your point is only partly correct... Most people actually do look up guides only for the items/masteries/runes part because they just don't want to have to think about how to build... so yeah they should go to a place where the thinking is done for them instead....... and how does Mobafire not fulfill that role?

And the other small part of the people that actually read guides to grasp as much information as they can to actually quickly become better have all the reasons in the world to come here on moba. All the other sites are outdated or just say ''get this item it's good ok. Now go kill people and win the game.''

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 10:07pm | Report
The problem with that is that a lot of people just pick the first guide they see, which isn't always the best guide when it comes to items/masteries/runes.

I'm not saying I don't like mobafire, because I really do. I think most people would have more to learn from mobafire if they gave it a chance, but the fact remains that the people hating on mobafire who don't take the time to think and only listen to other opinions, should just go to other sites, simply because they won't really change their mind anyways.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 11:04pm | Report
^^ Exactly Mobafire does have really good guides, but sometimes you just have to look though a bunch of semi okay guides just to find them.
Sig by Janitsu
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 5:58am | Report
Mobafire is the best for guides. I know, I've searched them all thouroughly.
Next up is lolking.net, which has fewer guides but has other nice functionalities.
Solomid is outdated as ****.
Leaguecraft is ****.
Lolpro is ****.

Only thing missing here is a high elo Olaf guide. Someone man up for Bromacia ffs!
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 8:40am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

Only thing missing here is a high elo Olaf guide. Someone man up for Bromacia ffs!

Olaf sucks atm, they are looking into re-working him. They nerfed him right as health stacking was becoming popular so it was like a double nerf. Don't play Olaf, nobody else does.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 8:43am | Report
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 8:58am | Report
solomid has gone to ****. go look for a featured galio guide.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 9:06am | Report
MF is in a lot better place than it was about... 6 months to a year ago. Got some decent people with decent Elos to write some well-detailed guides that aren't a complete pain to read.

There's some stuff that needs to be kept up to date, like the Frost and Blaze guides, for example. And we still need to fix the voting problem on guides that just have ridiculous amounts of votes to ever be dragged down from high-rating regardless of what **** they might have written in it.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 9:24am | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

Olaf sucks atm, they are looking into re-working him. They nerfed him right as health stacking was becoming popular so it was like a double nerf. Don't play Olaf, nobody else does.

You just pointed out 2 of the reasons why I like playing him: underplayed and underpowered. But he needs some buffs, I even started a thread on it.
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 11:51am | Report
i agree with saying that most of the guides here are just "l-look guise! i perfectly formated a guide for a champion with a build everyone uses! it even has pictures and videos and stuff!" when its typically just pointless, bloated information everybody either a.) is standard metagolem per role (e.g.: IE PD LW on ADs) everybody already knows, or b.) things people didnt know but are often just extremely ******ed bronze5-tier theories.

solomid, lolpro and lolking are considered much more credible sources by popular high elo/tournament players, so mobafire is just considered the dumphole of the low-elo community through simple bias. i think the bias is not entirely true, but it does hold true for the most part. not to mention, the aforementioned portals host guides written by reknown high elo/tournament level players. mobafire has some too, but the players here (aside from maybe blaze/frost guides) are less known.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide