Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nidalee or Katarina?

Creator: Shadoninja February 14, 2011 8:24pm
Shadoninja
<Member>
Shadoninja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2011 8:24pm | Report
I am currently torn between the two. Which do you guys think has the most potential to own with?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2011 8:29pm | Report
Which one has a style that you're more suited to playing? If you're going to make an "X champion vs Y champion" thread, try to include some prior information about your style.

Regardless of who you pick, you NEED to test the champion first. Don't just go out and blow 3k IP on one.
Shadoninja
<Member>
Shadoninja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2011 8:57pm | Report
How do I test champions? Is that through the custom game which I have never touched before?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2011 9:28pm | Report
No, you need to wait for them to become free. If you don't have the patience for that, I suppose we could help you make a decision. Again, we need some background info.
Iratesniper
<Member>
Iratesniper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2011 10:24pm | Report
I prefer Nidalee. Her javelin is used to do major damage, and when they run away change into cougar and chase them down.
Speicial Thanks To Scrax and TRUeLM For Creating My Signatures

Check Out My Builds

In Progress
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2011 12:08pm | Report
The only person who will give you a straight answer is Elementz.

His blog/tier list: http://reignofelementz.com/

the tier list is a good general guideline for which champions excel, but take it with a grain of salt. The tier list is not the bible.

According to Elementz' solo tier list (you said 'own', so i assume you mean carry), nidalee is higher on the tier list. Kat is pretty low down, but to be honest it depends on what you're looking for.

Nidalee is great at dealing both heavy magic damage and lots of physical damage. Her spear is a devastating poke and a hilarious kill-stealer. She's a great laner, and her Aspect Of The Cougar has some great skills for hard DPS and chasing/running.

Katarina has a mediocre early game being melee, and her bouncing blades is horrible for farming early on. However, once you get a Hextech Gunblade and a few other items, Katarina's ult explodes in a fury of multi-target devastation. If you want to get triple kills consistently, katarina is the way to go. However, she takes quite a bit of skill due to her mediocre early game and melee-range squishiness.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide