Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1667 of 1800
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:11am | Report
Is there a reason why you guys need to live in the US?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:12am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

kek, thanks for the compliment! I guess I'm always on your mind ;)

Not always, just when my pants are off.

jhoijhoi wrote:
I had to stand between two students today to break off their fight. They were swearing at each other and slapping each other in the face. They were reaching around me and kicking around my legs. It lasted for almost the entire period, broken up by brief breaks where they'd sit down and just cuss each other with foul language. One was about twice the weight of the other, and just used it to his advantage. The smaller one never backed down.

It was frikken scary and they did hurt me by trying to bypass my arms and legs and it shocked me.

Hehe. Those fights are great to watch; what where they fighting about anyway? Whether Platinum on OCE really means something?

When there were fights in my high school (and there were, because I went to the ****ty high school in town), they'd just call for a security guard to come deal with it .-. It was never a teacher's job to deal with a fight other than to keep it from getting worse until someone who was trained to deal with such things could get there.

If calling someone in the school didn't improve the situation, they'd just call the police and the police would deal with it.

Ugh... America. Well, security guards make sense I guess considering the average kid now walks around with a gun.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Prior to working at my new school, I rarely saw fights at all. At this school fighting is called "gamin fighting" which is meant to be play fighting. But it really isn't. There is anger behind the slaps and taps. I saw a kid pick up another kid and grind the back of his head into some shelves. The kid getting beat was laughing and joking around, but I could tell he was in pain. It was just dead awful. As a teacher we have duty of care, but another teacher was telling me if I got critically injured, I'd just be another statistic. It's scary.

That's about as weird as playing with deadly animals; heh, Australians.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Amanda - I assume you've already considered all options, but could one of you get a working visa instead and work in the country for some time to demonstrate willingness to not be a burden?

That doesn't matter, really. The easiest way to get a work visa is when a company actually wants you there, otherwise there's still no guarantee that you don't end up like a penniless hippie. Also, technically, that can take up to ten years.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:18am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
We don't need to, but right now I'm currently the more stable of the two of us. I have a decent job (for a single person without a degree in the US, that is), an apartment, and I live in a place with a good job market. I also live in a place with relatively low cost of living; I could pay for an apartment (I currently have a roommate) on my own until Nick had a job if it was necessary to do so.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:19am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

There's not even a reason for me to live anywhere, other than that Amanda would like it if I was actually alive considering she is not, in fact, a necrophiliac.

Point is, unless you're making good money, finding a place here is almost impossible; not only are they just putting almost everything on the market for sale (as in, there's not that much to rent), and finding jobs isn't easy. Additionally, there's the whole language thing, because for some odd reason Americans don't learn Dutch by default.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:29am | Report
Hehe. Those fights are great to watch; what where they fighting about anyway? Whether Platinum on OCE really means something?

These kids were born to third generation unemployed parents. I'd be ecstatic if they were fighting about League.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:34am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

These kids were born to third generation unemployed parents. I'd be ecstatic if they were fighting about League.

Oh, I personally wouldn't be ecstatic if I'd heard two kids were looking to beat each other's brains out just over a silly video game, but what do I know? I am not a teacher.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:36am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
In my high school it was a lot of Native American students with poor parents who'd grown up on reservations.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:37am | Report
In my high school it was a lot of Native American students with poor parents who'd grown up on reservations.

Well in my high school, there was Wayne.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:40am | Report

Well in my high school, there was Wayne.

Why do I not need to know anthing other than his name to understand this post

Basically MOBAFire.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:41am | Report

Why do I not need to know anthing other than his name to understand this post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide