Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1701 of 1800
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 2:48am | Report
So I just looked for books that I wanna read and put together a list for ~200€ total. My problem with that is that I easily read over 100 pages per hour if I have nothing else to do, so all those books won't last as long as I'd like them to. I used to be pretty slow with english books, but I am pretty sure that I am as fast or almost as fast as when I read german books by now.
library/pdf books?

by jhoijhoi
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 3:08am | Report
I recommend getting something like a kindle. It makes pleasure reading (i.e. non textbook reading) a lot more relaxing for me. I can lie down and read from a light tablet that i'm holding up instead of a N-ounce book. Also, it's really gentle on my eyes.

Most importantly for you, the e-books like those purchased through the kindle are a lot cheaper usually compared to hardcopy books
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 3:40am | Report
Also, you might think you wouldn't enjoy reading from a kindle as much as you would reading from a book, but I thought that would be the case for me and it wasn't at all. The screen uses electronic ink to display text, and the end result is it feels exactly the same as reading a book, except it's faster to turn the pages, less effort, and it automatically keeps your page for you. For me, moving from books to Kindle was a 100% positive change with no drawbacks, and now I get stuff cheaper and can buy them the moment I want them rather than having to go to a bookshop or ordering it from Amazon.

Do it.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 3:45am | Report
Or download adobe viewer thingy and download PDF files of books for free. I've done that while I was on holiday when I ran out of "real" books. I still prefer actual books but that's because I have a phone and not like a tablet or lap top.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 6:26am | Report
My reasoning for not getting a kindle was that I have a ton of paper books and that I would have to rebuy all those paper books as an ebook to have them on a kindle. I know that this is a pretty bad reason because I would not loose all the paper books, but I am also quite hesitant because I want the display to be as close to normal books as possible, so I'd have to check that out in a store or something.
How many books would you be able to fit on one kindle?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2016 7:19am | Report
Ive tried Kindles before and for me it's tolerable but just not the same as a physical copy. The electronic ink looks like print but it still felt too weird for me. My father and sister enjoy their Kindles a lot though, so it's really dependant on the person.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2016 7:25am | Report
I'm just gonna order one, if I don't like it I can always send it back
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2016 11:03am | Report

I... just re-rolled this skin...

The chances of this happening were like 1 in 500 or something, rofl.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2016 2:48pm | Report
That must be the definition of ripperinis. Rito, why is this even possible?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2016 1:32pm | Report
TFW you actually want to play Crystal Scar, but you're forced to settle for URF instead.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide