Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE Thresh Change

Creator: OTGBionicArm April 15, 2013 9:10pm
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 10:50pm | Report

support Fiddles.

I approve. I approve so much so
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:14am | Report
I don't get why they buffed him. Maxing E and then W instead of having to max Q for good poke buffs his laning phase AND early team fights. I guess Riot is a bit stupied about changing stuff at times. The Lulu changes. Meh what ever. She changes befor where a bit harshe but she is still gone be one of the stronger supports for the same reason Sona is a good support. They do sooo ****ing many things at the same time and have and AoE CC ulti. If Sona had better HP stats she would be played as a Tank.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:42am | Report
I think their intention was to nerf the fact that his 12 second cooldown pseudo-Blitz pull was coupled with a very high scaling auto buff.

By taking that away from his q and putting it on his E, he no longer gets stupid bonus damage on hit in combination with being able to hook things more often. Basically it just hurts the people who play Thresh because he's broken and can't land his hook for ****.'

Edit: But now that broken auto modifier is coupled with his other primary CC move that actually scales in effectiveness with rank, as well as being his only wave clearing move. GG Riot.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:50am | Report
yeah i think their intention was the same thing they did with hecarims W, you cant just use your hook whenever its off cooldown because now you arnt maxing it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:51am | Report
Except his E is essentially an AoE hook that's easier to land in close proximity. It's a lot wider, is instant, and has the same range as a lot of ADCs.

But smart casting that **** is hard as hell, so it'll weed out the bad Thresh players. Maybe increasing the skill cap on Thresh in exchange for adding team fight potential?

I don't think they're changing it so that you had to decide between a lower CD hook or poke damage. I think they're just experimenting with a random change and seeing how it plays out.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:52am | Report
I honestly thought they were just going to target The Box with a base damage nerf.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:53am | Report
yeah the base damage on his ult is so strong that i end up stealing kills for it when i just wanna slow people to death
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 12:57am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Except his E is essentially an AoE hook that's easier to land in close proximity. It's a lot wider, is instant, and has the same range as a lot of ADCs.

But smart casting that **** is hard as hell, so it'll weed out the bad Thresh players. Maybe increasing the skill cap on Thresh in exchange for adding team fight potential?

I don't think they're changing it so that you had to decide between a lower CD hook or poke damage. I think they're just experimenting with a random change and seeing how it plays out.

Maybe, I feel like it's a very cautious change though. Like, they are afraid to really change anything about him, if that makes sense.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 1:21am | Report
Yeah, classic riot is too scared to change anything haha.

If thresh's E is going to see a big increase in leveling, I do think that riot should decrease the radius of that pull; atm, i think it deals too much dmg @ level 5
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 1:26am | Report
its not that theyre too scared to change anything i think theyre too scared of over nerfing him into complete uselessness, his damages could be tweaked because of the utility he provides so thats probably the next thing to go when they balance him again

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide