Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

People never know when to surrender, do they?

Creator: Blian March 19, 2014 3:43pm
1 2 3 4 5
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 3:43pm | Report
Hi,

I'm not that kind of player who gives up easily but I can see that if we don't have any chance and just wasting time. Not because we are loosing but some players just don't have a clue how to play (they are new or just picked the wrong champs, whatever..). And if you play as a support or AP and not as an ADC or tank so you could do something useful as just trolling around and destroying towers while the rest of the team just keep dying at mid.

(Especially now when anybody can pick Cait and believe in they are good. However they s*ck hard!)

I think it doesn't need more explanation. You guys get the point.

Any thoughts?
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 4:02pm | Report
Too many people have that "We still have a chance guys!" when the score is something like 7-48. n00bs.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 4:48pm | Report
never surrender
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 5:12pm | Report
There's a few reasons I don't surrender.

1) The guy calling for surrender is probably one of the major reasons we lost. I'm going to make damn sure he bears responsibility for his actions for as long as possible, watching the slow mutual annihilation together with me.

2) We literally DO have a chance and the idiot's too Wood tier to know.

3) Just having too much fun.

4) He's probably flaming and being toxic or some ****. If he's not having a good time, I'm damn well making sure he suffers through it as long as possible...
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 5:12pm | Report
I surrender whenever my teammates are simply being absolutely unbearable and toxic to each other. There are plenty of games I've had where we could've made the picks to get us back into the game but the team is just distracted waving their epeens that the chance of winning with their attitude is frankly zero. Sometimes I feel that winning the game is less important for them than stroking their egos.

That said, I don't believe that you should surrender on a losing game alone. If your teammates are paying attention and trying to find opportunities chances are you're not losing that badly at all and a few good picks can make a difference.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 5:58pm | Report
The only time I surrender is when, well NEVER!!!!

Unless I have 2 or more afk's then it's white flag time
Sig by The_Nameless_Bard
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 6:33pm | Report
Rep'd Sirell because he said pretty much what I was going to say (DTFW!)
I also hate it when you're on the same amount of kills as the enemy team, and about a tower down and people still put up surrender votes cos they're like 1-6, wjihle you're like 10-1.

Basically MOBAFire.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 6:50pm | Report
i never surrender because when i win i like seeing my whole team destroying the nexus, having a random win while sieging a turret isnt satisfying and i dont wanna make the enemies team feel like their win isnt as satisfying
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 7:23pm | Report
In Ranked I NEVER surrender, try to be positive even when my team is complete toxic garbage. After the game I will either call them out or just rant a bit while my wife tells me to just stop playing.

In Normals I surrender when my team is complete toxic garbage. The possibility of a comeback with toxic feeders in your team is very slim and most people actually just give up while pretending that they're still trying. They proceed to jump in without anyone around, try to backdoor with 2 inhib towers still up and **** like that.
It's Normals, I don't want to spend another second playing with someone who I had to mute from calling my mother names.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 10:09pm | Report
I never surrender. Never pressed "yes" and proud of it <3

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide