Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

People never know when to surrender, do they?

Creator: Blian March 19, 2014 3:43pm
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 9:40am | Report
Never surrender is the way to go.
Because, even if you feel like you will lose anyway, playing this super hard matchup, while playing serious and try real hard, you get better.

If you imediately give up after something does not work, it will never work.
Instruments for example, just a hobby like league, the moment a song is hard you do not drop it, instead you keep on trying until you can play it.

Same for the surrender thing, I won so many matches by just not surrendering and keep playing my best, while becoming better at the same time :p
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 10:13am | Report
I surrender when I have to go...but that's a different story. Otherwise I am just pressing "NO". The reasons were already mentioned by everybody else.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 2:04pm | Report
You get more IP the longer the game, that's why.
If you want to help me, teach me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 2:32pm | Report

You get more IP the longer the game, that's why.

If someboy asks me why I don't surrender I say that everytime, then they go ragemode.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 2:33pm | Report
IP is the dumbest reason to say you're not surrendering. Just say you aren't a vagina. That seems to work the best.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 2:48pm | Report
I hardly surrender. I hate it when people only enjoy games when they're on the winning hand. The worst is when we lost 2 inhibs and they're going to surrender. Just face the end like a Taric and/or try to outplay them.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2014 4:51pm | Report
sirell wrote:

There's a few reasons I don't surrender.

1) The guy calling for surrender is probably one of the major reasons we lost. I'm going to make damn sure he bears responsibility for his actions for as long as possible, watching the slow mutual annihilation together with me.

2) We literally DO have a chance and the idiot's too Wood tier to know.

3) Just having too much fun.

4) He's probably flaming and being toxic or some ****. If he's not having a good time, I'm damn well making sure he suffers through it as long as possible...

^ This, so much this.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2014 5:35am | Report
I had a game that would be a good case for and against this in back to back games last night. I had a game as Jax where my mid and bot lanes fed so hard that even though I was ahead of my lane, I couldn't remotely touch the fed Yasuo or Tristana. My team gave up and quit trying.

The next game I decided to top Irelia. They counter picked with Renekton. My jungle decided I was screwed before the game started. Mid thought they were screwed because the enemy team picked Morgana against his Diana. The game started and mid did the best they could, but kept dying and our bot lane Draven/ Lux was getting destroyed by the other teams Volibear/ Ezreal.

So, our jungle Shyvana decides to gank me, the only one who is fine and doesn't need any help. Who has just been farming at turret and only trading when I think I can gain a slight advantage against Renekton. Instead of waiting for him to push up to my turret, she ganks him when he is in the middle of the lane and I am farming under turret. She doesn't ping, doesn't wait for me to come help, she just ults in with less health than what the croc has. At this point I still have a CS advantage so Shyvana takes all the CS pushing to me and pushes my lane. At this point, I am really frustrated. She ganks what was probably the toughest lane to gank, destroys my CS lead, and barely manages to touch Renekton while bot and mid have been begging for ganks because they are losing lane and need help. This isn't really looking good.

Then, the play that turns things around. I was purple side and made sure to ward my tri-bush. I notice that the enemy Morgana is literally standing on top of my ward and ping her. she thought she would come gank me, but both Diana and Shyvana react and follow her. Diana jumps in once in range and Renekton uses his slice to get in next to her to stun. That set Shyvana's ult up perfect so she hit them both when she landed. I used my Bladesurge to jump on Morgana and then slowed her with my e. With the two of them in the middle of our 3, Diana and I each end up with a kill. That was my first kill and helped Diana be able to fight back. In the end, she and Shyvana then were able to roam bot and help Draven get some kills. A few teamfights broke out and I made it in late, which meant I got to clean up. I was 8-0-3 by the time I died the first time. I was more than willing to give up a death too because it allowed us to kill off the remaining Ezreal and Renekton giving us an ace, dragon, and a tower.

What looked like a surrender at 20 by my teammates at 15 minutes ended up with comeback win where I finished 14-3-8 and both Diana and Draven had 10 or 11 kills. The difference in the games was that my team was still open to us winning. They were talking in chat about what we could do to turn things around. In the previous game, bot lane was raging at each other. Mid was mad because bot fed his laner despite him pinging them to back off because Yasuo was running down river to bot. then they started flaming me because I didn't helicopter spin jump into 4 enemies out or mid inhib by myself.

So, much of this game isn't about who is getting kills early, but which team has the right mentality to overcome the mistakes that happen. No matter what elo you are in, there are gonna be mistakes. The question is if you are gonna rage or if you are gonna find a way to capitalize on the enemies mistake. If your team isn't gonna care enough to try, then yeah a surrender is probably a good idea. But if the entire team hasn't quit, then there is no reason to surrender, no matter how far behind you are.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2014 5:42am | Report

The difference in the games was that my team was still open to us winning.

So, much of this game isn't about who is getting kills early, but which team has the right mentality to overcome the mistakes that happen.

If your team isn't gonna care enough to try, then yeah a surrender is probably a good idea. But if the entire team hasn't quit, then there is no reason to surrender, no matter how far behind you are.

Thank you for being so eloquent when I couldn't. 100% agreed.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 3:26pm | Report
I pretty much never hit that "yes" button unless we are literally about to lose. Never give up, never surrender.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide