Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pick order vs. Call order

Creator: ShanaXI May 8, 2013 8:04pm
1 2 3
ShanaXI
<Member>
ShanaXI's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 8:04pm | Report
So my last game didn't go so well. I was in a normal draft session (not ranked mind you) and I was the last to pick on my team. Naturally, I asked for top lane first chance I get and everyone seemed to be okay with that at first. I observed the opposing team and notice one of them picking Jax (I hate Jax as a champ btw. Sorry Jax fans) and wanted to experiment on how well Mordkaizer would do against him, since I just recently started playing him. Towards my turn, I took my eyes off the screen for a few seconds while my team was rather talkative. When I finally picked my character, the Evelyen player at some point threaten to report me shortly after the game started, and I was forced to go support because he or she suddenly wanted to top. From there on came a few minor arguments and complains and we eventually lose, though we didn't do too bad.

I think what had also happened was that the Evelyen player originally wanted to jungle, but the person above him or her picked Trundle without calling anything. This wasn't the first time this happened either. What I'm asking is, when it comes to draft pick, do you agree with pick order, or call order?

As someone who tends to solo queue after leaving his clan, I believe it's generally best to be prepared to preform any role regardless. I tend to believe going by pick order is somewhat childish and unfair unless you're trying to avoid getting countered, which I hear matters in ranked. With that said, had I had known that the team was going by pick order, I would have gone support anyway, because I try to be flexible and avoid hostility.

Off-topic, but does anyone had anyone have any general tips on heading Jax? Top and jungle kinda fed him. ^_^;
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 8:19pm | Report

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 8:36pm | Report
In blind pick it's call order/who can instalock faster. In draft pick it's pick order. This isn't my opinion, Riot said it.

I ONLY jungle at a diamond level. When I get into a que (Ranked), I ask for jungle. If someone else above me says they want it I explain that I mostly play 5's and I've only been playing league for about 9months and I'm ONLY amazing at jungle. Usually this gets me the role. If it doesn't I pick Yorick top and try not to feed or support and ask for a passive lane.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 9:23pm | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

In draft pick it's pick order. This isn't my opinion, Riot said it.

RIOT has actually made no official stance on pick order over call order.

As a general rule, it is pick order over call order though. There is literally nothing anyone can do to force you to pick a role other than threats.
It's usually better to go by call order if you want nice win chances. Keeps everyone happy. As said by Lasty above me, "I'm only awesome at one role" and he'll vastly under-perform if put in another role.

Communicate with your team and try and get everyone in their best role. Easiest thing to do.
True love is found only in yourself.
ShanaXI
<Member>
ShanaXI's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 10:04pm | Report
I've only played ranked a handful of times before, so I'm not quite sure what it's like at high elo. I'm usually at normals to hone my skills to prepare for rank and I still feel unready. What bugs me is that too many people are hell-bent on a specific role. If you're aren't as good as one or more over the other, I can understand. Just don't be an as about it. -_-

Also, who was that guy? I kinda like him. xD
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 10:21pm | Report
There is no such thing as "call order". People are married to their champions and absolutely do not want to play other roles and will literally stare at the screen intently to copy-paste "mid" as soon as champion select loads, thinking it somehow entitles them to play that role even when they're last pick and thus the lowest elo.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 10:30pm | Report
I started maining support because pick order > call order and I never feel like arguing.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 10:31pm | Report
ShanaXI wrote:

Also, who was that guy? I kinda like him. xD

He's like... some diamond or plat jungle main. Just go bum around his channel, he's got lots of good stuff.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 11:24pm | Report
I really don't like call order. It's stupid, because people often tend to say they had it first, and that leads to even more problems. Pick order is easier to handle, and I always give the person above me his/her preferred role and put that person in front of me. Since it is random, it is fair and square. This is mainly the reason why I never play blind pick. I like to call it "Omg, I called it first" pick as well. The people tend to be rude, rough, and while I agree that Draft isn't completely clear of such people, it tends to be far more educated about pick order. The people are generally a bit nicer as well, and not everyone is a selfish *******. Now, naturally there are examples where the things are inverted, but in general I observed it to be like that.

Please respect the pick order, since call order may very well ruin your game if you make hasty decisions because of it.

Tl, dr: Don't trust the yellow strawberry, it might just be a coconut.

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
ShanaXI
<Member>
ShanaXI's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2013 12:36am | Report
It seems to vary from experience though, as I seem to run into children regardless. I dunno. Maybe I need to be more accepted, or just had bad luck.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide