Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pick order vs. Call order

Creator: ShanaXI May 8, 2013 8:04pm
1 2 3
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2013 5:07pm | Report
Pick order is always the rule.
Whenever I go into draft pick I pretty much say that pick order rules.
Regardless of where I am in the pcik order, sometimes you are at the top, sometimes you are not. Take the good with the bad.

In ranked games I can understand why you would campaign for a certain position, but always respect pick order, as they do have the right to pick before you because.. they can.
I see no point in raging when you get support to..
It is so incredibly underated. I started maining support at one point cause I couldn't be bothered with the arguements in queue and you can carry entire teams with how you play. Especially as someone like Janna or Lulu.
It is better to have someone who knows how to actually support rather than having a pro top lane and a feeding support, as ultimately they will just let the team down.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2013 9:46pm | Report
Satella wrote:

Pick order is actually sorted by elo, so first pick is the best player while last pick is the worst player. For normals it's random, unless there's a premade, in which case the guy who formed the party will get first pick most of the time.

if i remember correctly they changed this so now its random in ranked and draft pick, they changed it when they made the new league system
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
ShanaXI
<Member>
ShanaXI's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 7:35pm | Report
So I decided to go by pick order this time and what do ya know, I got yelled at again. The same thing happened to another guy that went by this and the other person choose a top laner anyway. It's hard for me to respect any of this if they don't even work out for everyone. God, I hate randoms...
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 7:44pm | Report
If you are a higher pick than other people there is literally no way for them to stop you from taking the role you want. If they insist on taking your role after you have picked, then they are the ones causing inconvenience to the team and deserve to be reported.

Of course, you could be the bigger man and just take whatever role is remaining (and this will cause you to win more games overall), but screw that. These ****ers need to learn that the world does not revolve around their fictitious "call order" ********.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 7:55pm | Report
actually they cant be reported for going mid with you because you cant be reported for trying to change the meta

if however they refuse to communicate with the team the rest of the game you can report them

and i never go by call order or pick order, maturity in champion select is probably the best thing to go, if someone calls a role you want chances are theyre good at that role and its better to trust yourself at a role youre not good at rather than trust a random at a role they arnt good at

of course you can also do the whole "adc and top lane are by far my worst roles please dont let me play them ill just be a burden to the team" which normally gets me the role i want, if it doesnt just man up and be the ***** in champion select for that one game
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 7:56pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

if i remember correctly they changed this so now its random in ranked and draft pick, they changed it when they made the new league system

Pretty sure it's by MMR
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 9:01pm | Report

Pretty sure it's by MMR

I hope not because I am first pick almost every game, and if you just count this season I have been first pick every single game, so if it isn't random then that means I'm being matched with people I'm rated higher than every game. Riot... WTF

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 9:28pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

I hope not because I am first pick almost every game, and if you just count this season I have been first pick every single game, so if it isn't random then that means I'm being matched with people I'm rated higher than every game. Riot... WTF

Ranked is but with normal a random first pick is assigned, the others are arranged according to MMR. Hence I'd say that Thalia is partially correct.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide