Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Positive Thinking!

Creator: GeekNeff January 30, 2014 8:32pm
1 2
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 4:49pm | Report
Making fun of the losing team.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

GeekNeff
<Member>
GeekNeff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2014 9:08pm | Report
I wonder how your opponents feel about that. :|
commanderAIK
<Member>
commanderAIK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 8:11am | Report
I really despise the people that say "SCREW IT SURRENDER AT 20." I just hate giving up. Plus, there are so many games where teams can come back or the other team can throw. I believe you shouldn't even surrender at all in soloque. It just gets me angry when my teammates say that, shows they are just giving up...

I am developing a habit of never giving up and always trying to carry my teams back to victory when we are behind.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 8:19am | Report

I really despise the people that say "SCREW IT SURRENDER AT 20." I just hate giving up. Plus, there are so many games where teams can come back or the other team can throw. I believe you shouldn't even surrender at all in soloque. It just gets me angry when my teammates say that, shows they are just giving up...

Let's say you're behind 20 kills, pushed to your inhibitors on two or more lanes, have only gotten one tower, and have not gotten a single dragon or baron. Would you surrender then, or would you continue to fight hopelessly and make the game go longer for your team when you are not going to win?
GeekNeff
<Member>
GeekNeff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:29am | Report
Being angry at somebody is not something I look forward to in a game. Nor is prolonging their suffering if they're heart is really not in the game. I surrender at 20 in Solo Queue. Not a lot, but you have bad games and teams that just don't hold up to the challenge at hand.

If your team is hell bent on surrendering at 20, your likelihood of winning that game is very very slim. I have some advice for you:
  • Don't get angry at anything in Leagues. When it comes down to it, it's not worth it.
  • Stay personally optimistic. Because your team is giving up, doesn't mean you have to.
  • Be the good in a game if you aren't seeing any good. Something I like to do if my team is feeling a surrender at 20 coming on is to point out at least one thing that each of my teammates did well.

Ultimately, you should hope that your team takes away something good from every game, win or loss. A lost game is not a bad game.
commanderAIK
<Member>
commanderAIK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 9:44am | Report
GeekNeff wrote:

Being angry at somebody is not something I look forward to in a game. Nor is prolonging their suffering if they're heart is really not in the game. I surrender at 20 in Solo Queue. Not a lot, but you have bad games and teams that just don't hold up to the challenge at hand.

If your team is hell bent on surrendering at 20, your likelihood of winning that game is very very slim. I have some advice for you:
  • Don't get angry at anything in Leagues. When it comes down to it, it's not worth it.
  • Stay personally optimistic. Because your team is giving up, doesn't mean you have to.
  • Be the good in a game if you aren't seeing any good. Something I like to do if my team is feeling a surrender at 20 coming on is to point out at least one thing that my teammates did well.

Ultimately, you should hope that your team takes away something good from every game, win or loss. A lost game is not a bad game.

When I see those "surrender at 20" chat msgs, By angry I mean annoyed and just let out that sigh. I won't rage and smash anything, hehe. What I would usually do is say "don't surrender yet, we can win." Because unless the Scenario is like what drakon said, chances are you can still win. If you focus on objectives while the winning team messes around and doesn't care about the mistakes they make because they think they will definitely win, you will most likely win. AFter that I try to keep the suggestions going and praise my teammates if something good happened, like getting an objective or kill, and ESPECIALLY winning a teamfight.

Thanks for the suggestion about pointing out a thing my team did well, though, I'll try that out and see if it works.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 5:54pm | Report

When I see those "surrender at 20" chat msgs, By angry I mean annoyed and just let out that sigh. I won't rage and smash anything, hehe. What I would usually do is say "don't surrender yet, we can win." Because unless the Scenario is like what drakon said, chances are you can still win. If you focus on objectives while the winning team messes around and doesn't care about the mistakes they make because they think they will definitely win, you will most likely win. AFter that I try to keep the suggestions going and praise my teammates if something good happened, like getting an objective or kill, and ESPECIALLY winning a teamfight.

Thanks for the suggestion about pointing out a thing my team did well, though, I'll try that out and see if it works.

If it usually comes to that point where your team is going to lose so quickly, your team probably won't be able to recover no matter how much time they are given. Lacking any form of intelligent communication against a team that is all on the same page, for instance.
There's a difference between being "realistic" and "negative".

I've seen games when the enemy throws it during a teamfight, we get an ace and grab baron while they're all taking a dirt nap, and eventually win. But I'm afraid this doesn't happen often enough to foresee it in a practical game.
If you want to help me, teach me.
limperschmit
<Member>
limperschmit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 6:01pm | Report
Whenever I play ranked I am always looking to get better. I know I will lose about 40% of my games and win 40% of my games through no real effect from me. As long as I get better every game that is all that matters.
Check out my site to find other League of Legends players to play with:
GeekNeff
<Member>
GeekNeff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 10:31am | Report
I met some really awesome people online yesterday. We were losing HARD. Probably one of the worst personal games I've had in ages, and yet one of the most fun as well. My team was extremely supportive, and even though we lost, I made a few pretty cool friends. Gotta love playing with positive people in solo queue :)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide