Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question from a lowly Bronze.

Creator: Rhollback January 2, 2014 3:09pm
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 12:48pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

alright Rholl, on thing I've noticed from you while reading this thread:

There is a fine line between being polite, and trying to suck up and suck a ****. you are about 100 yards and the suck up side right now. You are getting some pretty in depth answers here, and that's great, but there is a limit to how creepy it gets. Say your thanks in a modest way (hey thanks man I'll work on that) vs your usual "royal" thanks and spend your energy acting on what you are being told, rather than typing an elaborate paragraph of thanks. The thanks will come later on, when you come in here and proudly post about making Bronze 4, and even later on when you post that you qualified for your Silver Promotion Series for the first time.

Actions speak louder than words ever will, let those actions be the thanks you sing.

otherwise its just creepy....

I apologize for thanking? I'm not exactly trying to suck up, and if I were to well let's be honest: Where would that get me?
There's no elaborate goal or proxy to reach anything by showing some form of gratitude. If it's creepy to show some form of appreciation because someone came here to part knowledge instead of going off doing what they best be doing, then I guess I'm completely missing the point of appreciation.
I'm a bit on the offended side, honestly, of this sort of accusation. Maybe I'm overexcited by my thanks? Yeah. I guess. Then again it's to be expected when I have made two or three threads in the past that were bloody ignored that it reached the bottom of the list in less than two days.
Am I creepy for saying thanks and showing appreciation after that length of time flailing about and trying to understand? Well then sorry. I'll make sure that my thank you's are not to be heard on here again, since I was unaware enthusiasm coupled with gratitude is a thing that doesn't exist.
Sorry for the rant, but I am actually pretty [CENSOR] offended when all I wanted was to say thanks instead of leaving people posting not sure wether or not OP is even here anymore.
And honestly, if you find it creepy, then you must be producing some weird messages in your mind, since I am by no means following you everywhere you go, etc etc. It's all limited to this here thread.
But fine, whatever, I'll lurk.
I guess that's -not- creepy.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 2:18pm | Report
pls no lurkerino

Basically how I play LoL
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 5:35pm | Report
Just play non-ADC hyper carries. Avoid laning/mid game champs that fall off late. Afaik Bronze matches tend to drag because noone cares about objectives. That's why any Tryndamere you thought was shut down completely is going to bounce back at you and wreck you.

Oh and don't rage or whine or whatever. The real difference between Bronze is Diamond is the way the player acts.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 5:57pm | Report
Rhollback wrote:

I apologize for thanking? I'm not exactly trying to suck up, and if I were to well let's be honest: Where would that get me?
There's no elaborate goal or proxy to reach anything by showing some form of gratitude. If it's creepy to show some form of appreciation because someone came here to part knowledge instead of going off doing what they best be doing, then I guess I'm completely missing the point of appreciation.
I'm a bit on the offended side, honestly, of this sort of accusation. Maybe I'm overexcited by my thanks? Yeah. I guess. Then again it's to be expected when I have made two or three threads in the past that were bloody ignored that it reached the bottom of the list in less than two days.
Am I creepy for saying thanks and showing appreciation after that length of time flailing about and trying to understand? Well then sorry. I'll make sure that my thank you's are not to be heard on here again, since I was unaware enthusiasm coupled with gratitude is a thing that doesn't exist.
Sorry for the rant, but I am actually pretty [CENSOR] offended when all I wanted was to say thanks instead of leaving people posting not sure wether or not OP is even here anymore.
And honestly, if you find it creepy, then you must be producing some weird messages in your mind, since I am by no means following you everywhere you go, etc etc. It's all limited to this here thread.
But fine, whatever, I'll lurk.
I guess that's -not- creepy.

..... you did this on purpose didn't you......
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

..... you did this on purpose didn't you......

Yes. Absolutely. Fine, I'll leave. Bye.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:28pm | Report
dafuq happened here? o.0

Sig made by elenah
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

dafuq happened here? o.0

I'm high in the sky

Basically how I play LoL
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:56pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

dafuq happened here? o.0

I wrote a half-joke about OPs long and drawn out thanks to each individual post and how it kinda creeped me out that he does it for just about everyone who posts advice in the thread....

So.... I might have scared the guy away.....
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 8:03pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

I wrote a half-joke about OPs long and drawn out thanks to each individual post and how it kinda creeped me out that he does it for just about everyone who posts advice in the thread....

So.... I might have scared the guy away.....

Maybe he's coming to get you.

Basically how I play LoL
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 8:17pm | Report
Hannul wrote:

Maybe he's coming to get you.

Doubtful... I'm in Okinawa right now. That's like a 15 hour Plane trip from Seattle. assuming East Coast residency you can beat that's a 20 hour day minimum with no excessive layovers, and a $1500 plane ticket.

Also I'm naked... so it would be super awkward

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide