Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question from a lowly Bronze.

Creator: Rhollback January 2, 2014 3:09pm
1 2 3 4 5
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:09pm | Report
So here's the deal-io.
I am a Bronze V, have been for most my League Life, sadly, and honestly I don't feel like I belong there.
cue the omg just get out if youre so good you little ****

First, hear me out on my reasoning. I don't think I belong there because I'm skilled because, let's face it:
As a jungler my ganks are normally failures and my CS abilities as an ADC are nothing if not sub-par, and even then, it might be nothing.

I feel like I don't belong there simply because I truly wish to advance and learn, whereas most my teammates who commit the same mistakes as I, seem hellbent on believing that they are Platinum's chained to Bronze because of others.

I, I repeat, am by no means an exemplary player.
So, obviously, becoming self-aware of these issues in myself, I set out to improve; Watched videos, read guides, played tons and tons of champs to the point where I am at the very least semi-familiar with most roles. However, I see no significant improvement in my playstyle or in my strategies, to the point where I sometimes simply make the same stupid mistakes and obviously facedesk at the realization.

So my question comes down to this:
Are some people, like I, simply not cut out for ranked or is there something extra that I'm missing that I could do?

EDIT: To be clearer on my first statement: I don't believe I belong in the Bronze -community-, however skill placed I do think it's fitting.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:17pm | Report
What is your in-game name ? (So I can see LoLking)

I'll ignore the fact that you are bronze V, but refuse to realize
current situation that you are there where you belong.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:19pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

What is your in-game name ? (So I can see LoLking)

Why would that be relevant if I already know I am severely unskilled?

I apologize for my defensiveness, but I am quite ashamed of my statistics honestly and am not one to throw them out in the open.
I again refer to the EDIT I made to where I say that my skill is fitting to be in Bronze, but it's simply the drive to improve that I seem to be alone in having in most games that makes me feel like I don't belong there, making me want to improve to get out.
I mostly used the "I don't belong there" more out of lack of better phrasing than actual literal definition.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:21pm | Report
Rhollback wrote:

Why would that be relevant if I already know I am severely unskilled?

I apologize for my defensiveness, but I am qutie ashamed of my statistics honestly and am not one to throw them out in the open.

I could advice with your picks and item builds, runes, masteries etc.
Generally just see the stats.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:22pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

I could advice with your picks and item builds, runes, masteries etc.
Generally just see the stats.

Very well, it's Pyrope Sprite on the NA Server.
I do warn you though, I am quite horrendous.

Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:30pm | Report
Hmmmm, you seem to be quite good with Morgana are you playing her support? if so i would say play her every chance you get, you are also decent with Jinx.
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:34pm | Report
Kalaaver wrote:

Hmmmm, you seem to be quite good with Morgana are you playing her support? if so i would say play her every chance you get, you are also decent with Jinx.

I only seem to do well with Jinx if I have an aggressive enough Support ( A la Blitzcrank or Leona ) since I play fairly aggressive early game.
Only tried Morgana support once and I was a bit at a loss at how do go about it, since she's mainly my midder.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:37pm | Report
From quick note I could advice you:

- Build 1 AD and 1 AP rune page
- Find a role and champion you play well and try to get it in ranked.
- Aim for better minion score. Improve on last hitting
- Don't die in lane (Don't use summoners, trade 1 for 1 in tower dive and call worth)
- Don't rage at teammates and communicate
- Watch streams for your lane and see how they play
- Know what other champions do and when they have abilities up
- Try to at least have some kind of knowledge on when you can win trades or get kill. Know where the enemy players are.

Just some real general tips and there are a lot more. You are bronze V
for a reason and you should realize it.

Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:39pm | Report
you need to work on your rune pages for one. also it looks like you are getting killed a lot. play safer. don't take as many risks. only jump on obvious opportunities to trade. remember the game is about objectives more than champ kills.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

From quick note I could advice you:

- Build 1 AD and 1 AP rune page
- Find a role and champion you play well and try to get it in ranked.
- Aim for better minion score. Improve on last hitting
- Don't die in lane (Don't use summoners, trade 1 for 1 in tower dive and call worth)
- Don't rage at teammates and communicate
- Watch streams for your lane and see how they play
- Know what other champions do and when they have abilities up
- Try to at least have some kind of knowledge on when you can win trades or get kill. Know where the enemy players are.

Just some real general tips and there are a lot more. You are bronze V
for a reason and you should realize it.

Erm, I seem to not be able to stress enough that at a skill-level standpoint, I know and accept that I belong in Bronze in general...
Though I think you for the tips.

you need to work on your rune pages for one. also it looks like you are getting killed a lot. play safer. don't take as many risks. only jump on obvious opportunities to trade. remember the game is about objectives more than champ kills.

So toning down my aggressive playstyle seems to be the first thing I should do.

While this seems like a stupid question, what constitutes a trade that is exactly worth? Beyond the Tower > Kill one I mean.

1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide