Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Recording programs?

Creator: Mashico March 18, 2013 8:22pm
Mashico
<Member>
Mashico's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 8:22pm | Report
I have been wanting to record some of my games. Can anyone recommended a good free one? Also while i am here on a tourney when it says something like "There are 6 bans done in tournament style draft mode" what dose that mean? dose it mean they choose 6 champs u cant use?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 8:51pm | Report
lolreplay is one i hear about a lot, i havnt used it myself because my computer cant handle it

and yes in Draft, Ranked, and Tournament modes each team picks 3 champions that are banned and cannot be played, Blind pick doesnt have this
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Mashico
<Member>
Mashico's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 9:09pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

lolreplay is one i hear about a lot, i havnt used it myself because my computer cant handle it

and yes in Draft, Ranked, and Tournament modes each team picks 3 champions that are banned and cannot be played, Blind pick doesnt have this

thank you - rep given
Skuzzize
<Member>
Skuzzize's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 5:42am | Report
If you want to record live gameplay or replay's you can use open broadcaster software (OBS) It is used for streaming but you can use it to record to a hardrive or your PC its not the easiest of programs to setup but there loads of great tutorials on youtube. Plus it one of the best when it comes to not lagging your games when recording.

PLUS ITS TOTALLY FREE!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 7:19am | Report
As Skuzzize said, OBS is probably the best you can get. It's also extremely easy to link it to a twitch.tv account, which automatically records your games when you stream them. LoLReplay is decent, but it feels (at least in my experience) more resource intensive on your computer and can really mess up your gameplay.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
I Darksouls I
<Member>
I Darksouls I's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Probly like everyone else said lolreplay free to download at the web sight.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 3:40am | Report
OBS. Unless you want to pay for FRAPS, which does result in awesome quality if your PC can handle it.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 10:06am | Report
I myself prefer Xfire because there's very little lag involved in game as long as you have a semi decent computer (mine is complete **** and it runs pretty well) the only real problem is that the file sizes are bloody huge, and after 2 or 3 videos you'll quite possibly be running out of space on your harddrive if you have a small one like I do. Still, you can get it for free, and you can upload the videos to youtube automatically, which is always cool. It's really really simple too.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 10:16am | Report
>_> My laptop is a piece of **** and I haven't had any lag issues with LoLreplay. Make sure to turn your shadows off just to be safe.

OBS is also really good, as you can make it so only LoL will ever show up while you're recording/streaming. Again, it causes very little lag for me, and I'm used to a lot of lag.

If you already have issues, try uninstalling pando media booster. That's usually the culprit if you're having a lot of fps lag. It was causing my FPS to be unstable (was anywhere from 1-35 during games, rarely getting above 30), now that I've uninstalled it my fps is WAY more stable and basically never drops below 20 unless something else decides to pop open.
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 3:52pm | Report
Fraps is great,
If you enjoy huge *** file sizes.
+Rep for a cookie.

Don't Click This | Click This

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide