Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot should bring out a Skin shop

Creator: MyBloodisBlack June 3, 2014 4:38am
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 4:38am | Report
With all these websites claiming they are selling super rare skins for "affordable prices" I feel its time that Riot stepped in and took over this market for themselves.

I find it incredible that these sites can sell Pax Sivir for £25 or even go as far as to sell the legendary Championship Riven for a whooping £350 each...This is money that Riot should be getting I think and probably could if they wanted to.

I even asked a few friends this question and I will give it to you guys too
"If Riot turned around one day and Said for one week only we are going to bring back Championship Riven, Championship Thresh and Judgement Kayle for purchasing...However they will be priced at 4,500RP each How many of you would still be interested in buying them?"
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 5:03am | Report
Riot has nothing to do with this; the skins are rare and thus their codes are valuable. The same happens with rare MTG cards or Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (I own a card I could easily sell for $80). This is a result of basic economics. Assuming these codes were obtained in a legal way from Riot Games, then this money isn't for Riot.
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 6:29am | Report
yeah but are they even selling these codes? i mean **** there is no way am willing to pay those prices for just a skin, no matter how rare those skin are....matter of fact people much either be ******ed or just have way too much money if they do buy em for that price.

This game is just not worth pouring in that kind of money for skins.

Also surely they cant have that many skins? so what happens if they do sell them all?
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 7:15am | Report
The majority of the codes they sell come from some rioters

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Dychronius
<Member>
Dychronius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 12:18pm | Report
A lot of skin codes are gotten at big events like PAX, or they buy a bunch of a skin and sell the accounts they are on. Riot won't sell these skins because they're limited edition and only given out/sold at special events. Anyone who can get their hands on one of these skins, however, can make some good money off it.

Do do do dee do do do
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 12:31pm | Report
another bad idea

first of all people already get their panties in a knot if Riot so much as speaks of any legacy or limited skins coming back so any of the actual super rare skins coming back would just be a giant *****torm all over the place

second of all most of those codes were given away for free at PAX and at the Championship locations, so people can do whatever they want with the codes (although Riot has said that selling skins is against the rules and that people should do it at their own risk) since the code is now theirs

third Riot wasnt going to make any money off the codes if they were giving them away for free anyways so they technically arnt losing any money

also only an idiot would buy a skin for 4800rp, everytime i see anyone with SGU or PFE i think their stupid unless they got it early when the skin was somewhat cheaper because that is a lot of money to spend on a game especially on old skins that dont even have a change in particles or effects or any VO changes (other than the championship/victorious skins but they wouldnt be worth too much if they were regular skins anyways)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide