Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Riven

Creator: Scott Azrael April 23, 2013 4:31am
63 posts - page 2 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 9:16am | Report
Honestly, this is a argument that has been repeated numerous times all ending in the same result. Want more damage vs champions? Go with armor pen. Regardless of your ratios, people are going to run armor seals these days and armorpen is the best way to sink into their defenses.

For Riven its best to start red pot with Arpen marks, cheese your level 2 for a easy snowball lane.

Armor pen is even better this season seeing as flat/percentage penetration is working together rather than against one another.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:04am | Report
LOL AD on Riven is standard. Why don't look at Best Riven NA's pages. All her skills have ridiculous AD scaling, so you need AD runes...
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:08am | Report

Regardless of your ratios, people are going to run armor seals these days and armorpen is the best way to sink into their defenses.

********, the higher armor is, the less effective flat armor pen becomes.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
ShortyHUN
<Member>
ShortyHUN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:13am | Report
Actually flat armor pen is pretty ineffective since S3. Flat ArPen reds make like 5-10 difference even on AD carries who don't build armor.

Best way is %reduction or %penetration to pass defenses.

Feel free to +rep me if i helped any way!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:31am | Report
ShortyHUN wrote:

Actually flat armor pen is pretty ineffective since S3. Flat ArPen reds make like 5-10 difference even on AD carries who don't build armor.

Best way is %reduction or %penetration to pass defenses.

What the legitimate ****? Flat pen got so much stronger in S3 since it now actually scales all the way to late-game. This is because % is applied first. With just a LW, ever point of armour they buy is actually only worth 0.65. So for every 1 armour penetration, they need 1.54 armour to make up for that which is a 54% increase. Hence a Last Whisper boosts your flat pen by 54%.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:41am | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

LOL AD on Riven is standard. Why don't look at Best Riven NA's pages. All her skills have ridiculous AD scaling, so you need AD runes...

I don't play Riven, so I'll have to give you this one. Regardless Arpen is more effective this season than it ever has been. That is my main point.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:42am | Report
I am not sure about Riven, but for Pantheon, if you run full Arp(Marks+Quints) you suck very early, but after you get your Brutalizer you become godlike...
Also, because there is not that much armor stacking these days, most of my opponents are left with 15, or 25 armor against me untill lvl 6.
So at around lvl 6(you have 1300+ gold at that point) you have 24Flat Arp+8%(which is a bit nulified)and +10 after your Brutalizer.So you sit at around 34Arp.
Still, even after all this, AD feel more reliable^^
As for Riven, you eventually get both Last Whisper and Black Cleaver so Arp runes would be an overkill.
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:45am | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

Unsure regarding Riven, sure it's effective. I'm not sure if Arp marks prove to be more effective damage-wise but I'll do the math. Though it was mostly a response on the general assumption that high scalings mean that AD > Arp which is plain wrong. Especially with the insane scaling arp now has.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 10:57am | Report
I am not sure about Riven, but for Pantheon, if you run full Arp(Marks+Quints) you suck very early, but after you get your Brutalizer you become godlike.

I've recently started playing Pantheon, so I'm really happy you brought him up. :D

To be clear though, I don't recommend you run Arp quints on anyone. The most effective runes I have found are as listed below.

Greater Mark of Armor penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage

This is my personal HAM page, but I have been running Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction or Greater Glyph of Attack Damage in certain situations.

I don't play Riven, but this page works wonders on Pantheon. I think we can all agree AD is important, but with the changes to penetration Arp is just soooo good I wouldn't pass it up.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 11:35am | Report
Looks solid my fellow Mantheon :D
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide