Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ryze: Koreans New build

Creator: utopus July 25, 2013 6:43pm
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 6:31am | Report
so, no rushing Frozen Heart anymore? =(

Sig made by Aquilegia
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 6:54am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Heart also adds 20% CDR, but costs alot more gold. Why not get something like Glacial Shroud> Spirit Visage? Add the CDR of his Overload and you got 40%.

You also have 10% cdr from masteries, so you will be capped as soon as you have 20% cdr from items and a maxed q. You should still buy fh for the armor and the mana imo.
Edit: i guess you could also go randuins instead for the armor and the active, but this is theorycrafted
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 7:10am | Report
i want to try a new masteries set, without CD reduction..with FA and SV we already have 40%, and we just needed 30% because of Overload..so maybe can be useful to put some point in the defense tree, to get more hp and resist more in the top lane. Btw, i think that tear>glacial shroud>hextech revolver can be a good start, it isn't that expensive and gives everything you need before arriving to the full build..
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 7:18am | Report
fheart is for the passive lol

why in the world would you buy components of an item with a massive anti-autoattacker effect and leave them as they are?

CDR is not a single "focused stat" that you aim to buy. CDR is a key stat, but builds have to factor in damage through mana and survivability / tankiness as well.

PS armor doesnt shut down ad carries. randuin's and fheart do.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 7:42am | Report
Just wanted to point out, CDR does not necessarily at % dps increase. So 20% CDR is not a 20% dps increase unless you are casting spells as they come off cooldown. Every time you let a spell sit off cooldown you are losing effective dps (speaking specifically about Ryze)
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 8:02am | Report
@Embracing if i stay in lane, maybe i would like to have more sustain with some spell vamp, before finishing FA.. I always think to the worst scenary possible: behind with farm or kills, or forced to recall a lot because of a babysitting jungler..That's why i think to start with this 3 items, after building this ones i have enough presence to farm more and stay in lane without die.
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:14am | Report
Roa gives you presence, sustain and tankiness, and i am 100% sure that it is cheaper then the stuff you suggested(i did not do the math). Imo spellvamp on ryze is best lategame: you are low->do wolves with wota(if you need more than two seconds than you are a noob or it is not lategame. Use ult.)->full health.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:37am | Report
According to varnagas, ryze's damage output/time increases by 100% at max CDR. (link:here)

With that in mind, the koreans found that rushing CDR after RoA significantly helps your damage output. I'm not sure why they would choose Spirit Visage over Frozen Heart. I'm likely guessing that it's because Spirit visage costs around 30% less than FH.

Actually, come to think about it, it costs just as much to get a Spirit Visage and a Chain Vest as it does to buy a Frozen Heart. That's probably why. The koreans will get more bang for their buck :P
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
SirWhiteKid
<Member>
SirWhiteKid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 1:46pm | Report
I still like the ToTG than RoA.
''The sun does not reveal truth. Its light only burns and blinds.''
-- Diana
Got that Q,E,W,R,Q,R SWAG.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Lol Sirwhitekid - we rush both items before Spirit Visage
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide