Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 4 Support Discussion

Creator: OTGBionicArm November 15, 2013 4:48am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Which Support are you excited to use?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 7:48pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

extra life is useless if you end up dead in the next 0.5 seconds. you stay at mercy of whoever is around you. if that means that your apc finaly did its job and left 5 teammembers for the adc to pcik up, fine. I just don't see that happening.

glad to know that you would, in you best ability, pick support Nidalee. I'm sure i wouldn't, not in such a serious manner. Much less Zilean. Not against capable players.
there is a difference between Flash and Chronoshift. one gains distance, other leaves you at mercy of whatever is around.

zilean is only for winning lanes. not more, not less. you can't assume he won't be focused while ultied, nor that you can actually take advantage of the revive.
bottom line, you are a revive bot with no CC and potentially no damage, while the enemy support has a Crescendo or Rocket Grab. I'd tottaly trade a 12s CD or AoE stun for Chronoshift. or maybe the other way round.

1. notice how ive always been saying the bruiser or assassin that is diving your adc, no im not going to ult my adc thats in the middle of their team when were all disengaging from a teamfight thats beyond stupid

2. i meant nidalee in general, not as a support pick, the same goes for kat and fiora, nidalee is just more viable than those two

3. youre only at mercy of the people around you if you died in an out of position place, and like i said before you want to ult when the assassin or bruiser dives your adc -IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR TEAM SURROUNDED BY YOUR PEELERS-

4. zileans ult is a second life, if anything thatll help if youre losing lane because thats an extra life in a trade the other adc doesnt have, and if thats the case you can always ult someone else on your team if you and your adc lost lane, like the bruiser thats top lane or even your jungler thats most likely going to be a carry jungler with the new changes

5. soraka is a heal bot with no cc other than her silence, and is still used, zilean also LIKE HAS BEEN STATED has a 55% slow that can be chained together with enough CDR (assuming you hit level 18 since most will be maxing time bomb) also "potentially no damage" SUPPORTS ARE GETTING GOLD THEREFORE YOU CAN BUILD AP ITEMS WHICH MEANS? TIME BOMBS DO DAMAGE!!!!

6. like i said before you pick zilean when you have some kind of utility jungler, or control mage with cc, crescendo is an amazing teamfight ult and rocket grab is an amazing displacement ability but chrono shift is an extra life! thats always going to be useful! blitz grabs your adc and your team piles in on the enemy team, you ult the adc that just got grabbed and is most likely going to get focused BAM ADC IS ACTUALLY ALIVE AND YOU WIN THE TEAMFIGHT IF THINGS GO AS PLANNED!

7. your last two sentences dont make much sense "I'd tottaly trade a 12s CD or AoE stun for Chrono Shift. or maybe the other way round." so youre saying youd trade sonas ult for zils ult? or maybe youd trade zils ult for sonas ult? i dont get it

8. revive is going to be disabled in SR for S4 sirell ):
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 8:00pm | Report
Is there any particular reason the poll doesn't have a 'none' option?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 8:14pm | Report
Zilean is trash! Can we move on now?
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 9:42pm | Report

Zilean is trash! Can we move on now?

agreed, unless it's ARAM.

But yeah his Timeless role as support is a dated one, unless you are going against an Aatrox with a GA and a Zilean support that ults him every single time his passive is off CD. That really made for a game that lasted an eternity
I stole this Sig idea from SoapSuds
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 10:32pm | Report
Woah woah...where's Nunu & Willump on this list? I love me some Nunu & Willump support! Good early game harass with Ice Blast and a steroid with Blood Boil. Plus a nice fight engage with Absolute Zero. My main support...das right...

...don't laugh at me...
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 12:21am | Report
And now, Nunu will have AP, so, that hurts!(dat 1.0 and 2.5 AP ratio)

This is how a general tanky support build look like. The 0 and 475 are the base yellow trinket and a yellow-purple trinket. Wards and potions are bought depending onto who you are playing and how the ward battle will be. 850 and 2000 are the mountain items. The 2 lategame items are very situational.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 2:40am | Report

she always worked better as a clutch healer >_>

astral blessing's CD is way too long to just sit there and use it every time it's off CD. If you wanna do that, play Nami...Eb and Flow is more mana efficient and the cooldown is more reasonable.

You forgot to mention that hitting a champion with Starcall now reduces the CD on Astral blessing. :3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 2:42am | Report
Nunu & Willump isn't on the list because Riot gave him every incentive to stay **** away from lanes.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 2:50am | Report
Just thought about Blitzstar botlane with both getting emblem and then as ADC Jayce at top.
He is gonna kill you!!!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 2:53am | Report
You could just put Vayne top. Jayce is a terrible ADC. Blitztar is ok, but I feel like their late game sucks, therefore J4/Leona dunkage lane would do that better. ;p
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide