Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Season 6 Changes

Creator: HectorGray November 9, 2015 6:23pm
34 posts - page 3 of 4
ĀæDo you agree with the S6 vision changes?
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 3:34am | Report
Honestly this was the dumbest idea ever riot came up with, well at least I am talking about my elo (s2).

As you may aware of the fact that low elo players don't give a damn about vision and often lose games because of that it just triggers more and more players. When I was not playing as support I used to carry stealth wards with me all the time to let me know when to retreat from split push or just give general vision around objectives. Now I am fcked because most of the low elo supports don't even buy sightstone (you those kind of swaggers who start with doran's ring) or upgrade their trinket to clear the enemy wards.

Now people in low elo will constantly blame the support for not warding the entire map. qq
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 3:59am | Report
Blian wrote:
Honestly this was the dumbest idea ever riot came up with, well at least I am talking about my elo (s2).

As you may aware of the fact that low elo players don't give a damn about vision and often lose games because of that it just triggers more and more players. When I was not playing as support I used to carry stealth wards with me all the time to let me know when to retreat from split push or just give general vision around objectives. Now I am fcked because most of the low elo supports don't even buy sightstone (you those kind of swaggers who start with doran's ring) or upgrade their trinket to clear the enemy wards.

Now people in low elo will constantly blame the support for not warding the entire map. qq

I personally don't like the vision changes that much either but I don't see how that's any different from before.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 5:20am | Report
Blian wrote:

You're just mad at your elo and qq on the vision changes. I've been playing with people ranging from high gold to low diamond and nobody warded properly in around 10 games. You'd just see the map being dark half of the time and a cluster of wards in one side right after a fight.

The thing is, we're still getting used to the GAMEPLAY changes, and it's hard to think of optimizing the new warding system (where if you don't ward for too long you just lose trinket stacks) when you're focusing on learning how the new items/masteries/adcs work. Plus, the supports now have even less effective warding power since sightstone lost stacks and its wards last 30 seconds less, so it's harder for that one "ward all the things" support to keep the jungle warded.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:07am | Report
Well, I've been playing in around Silver III-Gold V quite a bit lately and he's not entirely wrong. I've seen at least two supports not buy a sightstone at all and most of the supports I've seen are still not warding properly.

People don't blame really the support for lack of vision the way they used to, but their warding habits have only changed a little so far. It's slowly getting better as people realize the wards are already there in their inventory, but as of this moment, it doesn't seem like much has changed because a lot of people just aren't used to these changes yet.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:19am | Report
I actually like the ward item for junglers, I feel like there's constant vision provided by myself and the support.

In the 3 games I played this season at least :^) **** the game as is.
ibrius
<Member>
ibrius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:21am | Report
People won't follow your saying in game most of the time so for me i just gave up and if it's dark well guess what i buy wards and i ward the place.

If others don't help well help your own self :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:28am | Report
You can't buy wards anymore. Better buy a Sightstone. 8D
ibrius
<Member>
ibrius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:37am | Report
Wait
You can't buy wards anymore. Better buy a Sightstone. 8D

What ???

Haven't played the new patch yet lol i din't know that they took the wards off too :o
I will go play now to try those masteries and stuff :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 6:50am | Report
You can still buy vision wards, but that's it.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 8:32am | Report
I keep explaining in my games why people should switch out their yellow trinkets for blue ones. In one game, I actually succeeded in getting three people to do it. Then, I had to remind them to actually use it. I suspect that the optimal setup will be having top, mid, and adc using blue trinkets to light up as much of the map as possible. Then, the support and jungler get a sightstone and tracker's jungle item, respectively, and the red trinket for vision denial. The blue trinkets can be really powerful. I distribute them sometimes in key locations where most people ward but also sometimes in some oddball bushes where they last a long time and are surprisingly useful. If there were two or three people regularly placing and replacing blue wards and a couple of people placing Stealth Wards in high traffic areas, you could basically light up most of the map.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide