Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shyvana patch, your thoughts?

Creator: SaviourToALL November 1, 2011 1:44am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:34am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Olaf is already completely OP so it doesn't matter.

Now his ult just breaks CC's. I've got very little reaction to the changes on his ult. 2 seconds less duration and breaks CC's is comparable to me..

Meh.. He's an offtank with no hard cc, so that makes him undeniably weaker than most other offtanks. That's why Shyvana won't see any love in the tier lists. She's also too reliant on attack speed and being beefy at the same time. Olaf's jungle is also off because of his lack of cc. Missed that kill? Should've jungled with Udyr. Sure, his damage is extremely nice, but does that make up for the fact that he can't gank very well in most situations?

Adeori wrote:

Mine is Evelynn, and also supports.
That's a good thing right? Or does that make me a master troll for playing a dead champion?

Just to note: I wouldn't want you on my team if you played Evelynn :P

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Adeori
<Member>
Adeori's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 9:06am | Report
Icuonuez wrote:

Just to note: I wouldn't want you on my team if you played Evelynn :P

Typical, never seen a good Evelynn player so you're stereotyping. :D
>> Sigs : JhoiJhoi, TheNamelessBard & myself <<

.:| Nida | Evelynn | Fizz |:.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:21am | Report
It's good that you main Eve, or at least I think so :P

she's clearly UP, but she's still completley viable in normal games.

Also, I wouldn't say a 'good eve' I'd say 'an eve who did well'

Eve is very, very team reliant, and in many cases, people who are great with her will fail horribly, because her team doesn't help her, or listen to her.

If we were in a group with bad, noncoordinated people, I might be skeptical of you playing eve, however, if we were on a team with good coordination, who knew how to set up ganks for you, I'd be glad to have you on my team :)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:25am | Report
That's my point Jun Support.

You can't even FARM if I'm beating the snot out of you.

YOUR ineptitude is what's preventing YOU from understanding how the top lane functions.

I will NOT let Nasus farm. Understand?

You CANNOT farm. You WILL die.

Period. 100%.

Winning the lane and pushing the lane are not synonymous~ I never said I wanted to push anything or break any towers.

Winning the lane is coming out ahead in the lane, and doing better than your opponent, plain and simple.

You will be unable to do that against me, Jun, and if you level Q, I will make you look stupid for it.

Guaranteed.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:36am | Report
Icuonuez wrote:

Meh.. He's an offtank with no hard cc, so that makes him undeniably weaker than most other offtanks. That's why Shyvana won't see any love in the tier lists. She's also too reliant on attack speed and being beefy at the same time. Olaf's jungle is also off because of his lack of cc. Missed that kill? Should've jungled with Udyr. Sure, his damage is extremely nice, but does that make up for the fact that he can't gank very well in most situations?

Why would I be in the jungle and ganking?

I'm the solo top. Olaf as a jungler... The ganks are good, his jungle is good, his damage is very good if he gets next to you... But he lacks the sheer amount of gold you need to make Olaf effective. Also, Olaf is comparable to an AP carry in the fact that he scales AMAZINGLY well wit levels! All you need on Olaf is Wriggle's and Warmogg's and it's over, you've got soooo much damage and sustain in your items and gear. You can buy the boots you want to buy, whether it be movement or Merc or Berz or Ninja. I find myself buying either Ninja or Merc, both for the effects and for the defensive stats.

Shyvana is already being called OP by Dan Dinh, by the way. When a champion is juuuust released I recommend holding off on forming an opinion. Lee Sin took over a month before people figured him out and then he blew up. Give her a chance :P

Olaf is actualy tailor made to Offtanking, if you look at his skills. Lots of good damage in your skills, that you will have no matter what gear you buy, and an ult that turns him into an unstoppable freight train. What more could you want? You've got an axe that slows down multiple targets at once. He's perfect for the job ^^

He's actually in my personal opinion far and away the best Offtank in the game right now. The way he crushes most solo lanes is just disgusting. Totally imbalanced, and sooner or later he's 100% in for some nerfs.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:46pm | Report
Gotta buff his viking *** first.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 4:55pm | Report
Nooooooooooo he's already OP bro. He's 100% going to get nerfed as soon as people catch on.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 5:20pm | Report
Well Riot has a system, they have to be buffed to the point their blatantly OP then they nerf the **** out of it.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 5:27pm | Report
Olaf is at the top of the OP richter scale ^^
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 5:43pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Olaf is at the top of the OP richter scale ^^